Operations System Damage Representative
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Salary: $2,370.00 Bi-weekly
Workplace Flexibility: No
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
- Ensure that all data and information that supports the creation of the damage claim invoice is accurate and complete. Reconciles and validates the supporting information to allow the invoice approvals and generation to occur.
- Prepares timely billing to customers including review billing information for consistency, accuracy and appropriate approvals.
- Distributing customer invoices and appropriate supporting documentation. Prepare invoice break down statements when requested by internal or external customers.
- Prepares and updates claims interactions in online; runs queries and reports, updates and maintains all related information. Processes records for hit and exposed lines; reviews for accuracy and compliance.
- Processes claim related work orders and notifications, maintaining data integrity.
- Works with Managers/Supervisors to resolve customer disputes, creates supporting documentation for billing arrangements; applies discounts where required; actions collections and/or write offs.
- Responds to internal and external customer inquiries, verbally or in written communications.
- Responsible for pursuing all claims less than $5000.00
- Provides assistance with pursuing recoveries from damages incurred on Fortis assets (mains, services, meters, etc.) for claims and adjusts claims against FortisBC including foreign utility damage, and general damages (structural, environmental, etc.) for minor claims.
- Collaborates with others to gather claim information; May communicate with claimants, employees, and others external agencies (i.e. insurance company).
- Provides assistance with the assessment and payment of claims involving FortisBC.
- Provides support to others in the investigation and gathering of information of all claims files.
- Performs administrative duties such as scans documents in SAP, prepares and/or mails letters or emails, invoices, reminder notices, etc.
- Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties that do not affect the rating of the job.
- High School graduation plus a minimum of a post-secondary education certificate from a recognized institution in a legal field.
- Minimum of two (2) years directly related, relevant work experience, typically gained through an Operation Support Representative 3 position, or an insurance and claims work environment.
- Customer service and strong verbal/non-verbal communication skills, including the ability to: respond to difficult or demanding internal/external customer situations with tact and diplomacy either over the phone, written, or in person; and take initiative to successfully resolve matters.
- Sound organizational skills including the ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure during peak workload periods and to meet tight deadlines.
- Sound written communication skills including the ability to prepare and compose a variety of external and internal correspondence and process enquiries.
- Courteous, professional manner in dealing with internal and external contacts including positive interpersonal skills and the ability to work in and contribute to a positive team environment.
- Fast, accurate keyboarding skills (60 words per minute), including the ability to format various types of correspondence, reports, forms, charts, and electronic spreadsheets.
- Working knowledge of computer systems operations, environment and peripherals. Sound working knowledge of various applications software in use in the department (SAP & suite of MS Office products).
- Knowledge of field operations processes and procedures.
- Sound analytical and decision making skills.
- Ability to interpret data from a variety of sources
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.