Technologist 1 - MRS Compliance
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Salary: $2,531.00 Bi-weekly
Workplace Flexibility: No
Posting End Date: Open until filled
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
You have rock solid organizational skills and are committed to continuous learning with a particular interest in all aspects of computer systems and networks. You’re able to pivot and plan quickly in any given situation and pride yourself on managing and completing tasks efficiently and on time. If this is you, your qualities and skills make you a great candidate for our Technologist 1 – MRS Compliance role!
In this position, you’ll be responsible for integrating business requirements into technology and ensuring our business operations function effectively as the pertain to the British Columbia Utilities Commission (BCUC) Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Standards. Using both business and technical knowledge, the Compliance Technologist will analyze, design, configure, implement and maintain information systems, data centers, virtual infrastructures, networking components, and security.
In this role, you will:
- Learn about the BCUC CIP requirements and how they apply to regulated FortisBC Electrical operations.
- Provide first-level technical support, system administration, and system development.
- Work with senior technicians on larger projects involving multiple departments to install, upgrade, or repair critical business systems, including SQL, Hyper-V, and Layer 2 and 3 networking devices.
- Learn to develop quality documentation and evidence of completed tasks for internal and external audits.
- Track, manage, and process requests from various business groups through the CIP change control process from initiation to business sign-off.
- Participate in determining and deploying technical solutions based on best business practices and FortisBC’s existing infrastructure and software portfolio during the addition, modification, or retirement of BCUC CIP Standards.
What it takes:
- A post-secondary Technology diploma in Computer Science, Electronics Technology, or related field.
- Basic knowledge in programming, scripting, and/or database query languages.
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on ensuring the delivery of high-quality, accurate, and reliable data in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage a diverse portfolio of projects across multiple departments.
- Great communication skills to collaborate with a range of stakeholders, understand their business needs, and deliver bespoke solutions.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.