FortisBC Street Team (Kelowna)
Employment Status: Part-Time Temporary
Salary: $21.87 Hourly
Temp Duration: December 20, 2024
Workplace Flexibility: No
Posting End Date: Open until filled
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
At FortisBC, we deliver the energy our customers need safely and reliably, at the lowest reasonable cost. We deliver more energy than any other utility in B.C., approximately 21 per cent of the total energy consumed. And we serve approximately 1.1 million customers in more than 135 communities. We do so with more than 2,600 employees all focused on quality service and customer satisfaction.
What you'll bring!
- A solid customer focus
- Strong communication skills
- Engaging personality
- Dedicated work ethic
In this role, you will:
As a Street Team Community Ambassador, you will represent FortisBC at community, retail, and special events throughout the FortisBC service areas. In this role you will promote, and educate customers about energy conservation, energy programs, safety, and company initiatives.
What it takes:
- Grade 12 High School Diploma
- 1-2 years experience in customer service, or similar experience with promotional work
- Be a highly motivated self-starter with initiative and dedication to job responsibilities.
- Be very outgoing and personable with a positive attitude and good sense of humour.
- Possess strong oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Enjoy public speaking and interacting with the public.
- Have experience with computers and MS applications.
- Previous promotion or event experience would be considered an asset.
- Be a positive, collaborative team player.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of a second language is considered an asset.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License with no restrictions.
- Be able to lift, carry, and assembly of items and displays weighing up to 50 lbs on a regular basis.
What you need to know:
This position will require travel to events throughout the Lower Mainland, Vancouver Island, and other FortisBC service areas. Travel for events is reimbursed by FortisBC.
This is a part-time temporary position that requires weekend and evening work – including statutory holidays. Weekly hours for this position will vary, with an increased number of work hours during peak seasons.
This position has certain physical demands during the shift, including but not limited to: lifting, carrying, and assembly of items and displays weighing up to 50 lbs on a regular basis, set up of display materials and tents, prolonged standing (4-8 hours at a time), bending and reaching.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.