Energy Solutions Manager (Commercial)
Affiliation: Management & Exempt
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Salary Min: $93,300.00 Annually
Salary Max: $115,800.00 Annually
Short-term Incentive Eligible: Yes
Workplace Flexibility: Yes
Posting End Date: Open until filled
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
Your charisma and interpersonal skills help you connect effortlessly with clients and stakeholders, building effective business relationships that foster positive connections with the products and brands you represent. With your combination of exceptional negotiation skills and a detailed mechanical and HVAC background, you stand out as a trusted subject matter expert when conducting business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) sales.
As our Energy Solutions Manager, you’ll identify, preserve and grow our market share through proactive sales and relationship management with key stakeholders, and advocate for our customers as a FortisBC energy solutions ambassador. This includes pursuing targets around customer attachments, capital assets and conservation and energy management program rebates.
In year 1, you will:
- Develop effective working relationships with internal stakeholders, such as our Planning, Engineering, Operations and Conservation and Energy Management (C&EM) departments, as well as local municipalities and industry associations.
- Expand your knowledge and understanding of the latest in HVAC technology solutions, BC Energy Step Code, BC Building Code, the characteristics of our customer base and our strategic vision.
- Perform effective management of sales leads and sales opportunities in Salesforce.
In year 2, you will:
- Continue to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders and research efficient energy solutions.
- Grow our networks within the builder-developer/construction industry and drive the adoption of natural gas and renewable gas innovative technologies, individual metering, conversion and various Demand Side Management programs.
- Continue to execute and close sales opportunities, maximizing attachments, gas loads, capital assets and C&EM program incentives.
What it takes:
- A bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration or a related discipline, a minimum of four to seven years of recent and related experience and a successful track record in B2B and B2C sales in a related field.
- A background in HVAC systems and mechanical aptitude is considered an asset.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills for conducting business in both informal and formal settings and the ability to influence small and large groups.
- Confident leadership skills to inspire action from your clients and represent our company as an energy solutions ambassador.
- Excellent negotiation skills with an ability to negotiate win-win outcomes for all parties.
In this role, you will have the option to participate in a flexible work program, enabling you to work from an approved flex location in British Columbia up to 85 days a year (equivalent to approximately two days a week), subject to business or operational needs.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.