Junior Asset Management Engineer
Affiliation: Management & Exempt
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Salary Min: $67,900.00 Annually
Salary Max: $84,900.00 Annually
Short-term Incentive Eligible: Yes
Workplace Flexibility: No
Posting End Date: Open until filled
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
You’re a self-starter with an exceptional ability to analyze, identify and offer solutions to address new challenges facing energy delivery systems such as climate change and electrification. Your experience and understanding of electric utilities, combined with your analytical skills, allow you to tackle challenges confidently to ensure energy delivery systems continue to provide safe and reliable supply to customers in these changing times. Your overall experience and know-how make you a great candidate for our Junior Asset Management Engineer position.
In this role, you’ll work with internal and external resources to support the Climate Change Operational Adaptation work. These activities include identifying assets vulnerable to climate change, obtaining climate data and reviewing analyses, determining and comparing risk profiles, and identifying climate change adaptation strategies for vulnerable assets.
In this role, you’ll also support the Regional Engineer, and will contribute to distribution planning, asset management, and operational support related activities. This work will include evaluating and proposing solutions related to electrification and electric vehicle adoption across the service territory.
In year 1, you will:
- Perform assignments under the supervision of a professional engineer.
- Lead day-to-day identification, analysis, and project development activities related to the Climate Change Operational Adaptation work.
- Establish effective working relationships with peers and business units, including Engineering, Project Management, Operations, System Control, Generation, Regulatory, and Community Relations.
- Focus on accuracy and conform to all procedures and processes.
- Be responsible for ensuring project timelines are met.
- Support Regional Engineer in completing distribution planning, asset management, and operational support related activities.
In year 2, you will:
- Develop plans and business cases for new projects and initiatives related to climate change adaptation across various operational areas while working with project teams to advance projects through project development processes.
- Identify and propose improvements to existing processes for Climate Change Operational Adaptation work, and Regional Engineer related tasks.
- Support the capital budget process and regulatory applications.
What it takes:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an accredited Institute.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in the development, design, construction and/or operation of electric generation, transmission and/or distribution assets, or related experience.
- EGBC registered or eligible to be registered with EGBC.
- Experience or understanding of climate change adaptation related to energy delivery systems.
- Experience or understanding of asset management processes related to energy delivery systems.
- Experience or understanding of distribution planning.
- Proficient computer skills and experience working with large data sets.
- Valid BC Class 5 (or other provincial equivalent) Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
What you need to know:
- Subject to operational requirements, this position is expected to support the Asset Management team located in Kelowna.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.