LR/HR Associate Advisor (Labour relations/Human resources)
Affiliation: Management & Exempt
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Salary Min: $64,600.00 Annually
Salary Max: $91,800.00 Annually
Short-term Incentive Eligible: Yes
Workplace Flexibility: Yes
Posting End Date: Open until filled
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
You will leverage your expertise in a unionized environment to support our employee relations activities and help you make thoughtful and focused decisions. Adapting to an ever-changing environment is your specialty, and you will utilize your exceptional problem-solving and communication skills to provide the best support possible. We’re excited for you to bring your positive attitude and willingness to learn to our Labour Relations and Human Resources Associate Advisor position.
This role is responsible for planning, implementation and coordination of employee and labour-related functions and initiatives in alignment with Departmental goals and objectives.
In this role, you will:
• Support our Employee Relations and Labour Relations teams with labour and employee-related matters, such as collective agreement interpretation, and advise leaders on employment standards, BC Human Rights, and other applicable regulations.
• Assist in grievance handling, arbitration, and collective bargaining preparation.
• Participate in investigations and dispute resolution.
• Maintain a labour relations database and assist in research.
• Collaborate with HR Business Partners and the Manager, Labour Relations to offer integrated HR and labour solutions aligned with company goals.
What it takes:
• A degree or diploma in HR or business admin, plus at least two (2) years’ experience as an HR/LR Generalist in a unionized setting.
• A proven ability to work both independently and in a fast-paced team environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to engage stakeholders and employees.
• Proficient with interpersonal, problem-solving, conflict-resolution, organizational, and planning skills.
• An eagerness to develop into an HR Business Partner role.
What you need to know:
In this role, you will have the option to participate in a flexible work program, enabling you to work from an approved flex location in British Columbia up to 85 days a year (equivalent to approximately two days a week), subject to business or operational needs.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.