Engineering Co-op, Transmission Lines
Affiliation: Management & Exempt
Employment Status: Co-op Student
Salary Min: $24.28 Hourly
Salary Max: $28.56 Hourly
Short-term Incentive Eligible: No
Workplace Flexibility: No
Temp Duration: 8 Months
Posting End Date: Open until filled
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
The assignment will provide opportunities for engagement with engineers, managers and others in different departments in the organization, and provide an understanding of some of the workings within the operating and engineering groups at FortisBC.
- Be involved in the design and maintenance of overhead transmission lines.
- Assist the transmission engineers in preparing designs and construction packages for transmission line projects.
- Be involved in the drafting of various transmission design and standard drawings.
- Perform multiple site visits to better understand the Transmission and Distribution system, gather design information and inspect completed construction work.
- Perform analysis of transmission line condition assessment information and create condition assessment reports.
- Be exposed to PLSCADD design software for the design and analysis of transmission lines.
- Maintain FortisBC transmission line records and be responsible for the filing of asbuilt data from completed transmission projects.
- Provide technical support and work with the Operations group and the Standards Group.
- Research technical information on new utility products and practices.
- Network with other utilities.
- Bachelor of Engineering Student (Electrical) - Third or Fourth year preferred.
- Enrolled in a Co-op program.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Interested in learning more about the Electrical Utility Industry.
- Competent public speaker.
- Experience or knowledge with AutoCAD.
- Competence in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- This is a full-time temporary student co-op opportunity with an 8 month term starting in May 2024.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.