Accounts Payable Supervisor
Affiliation: Management & Exempt
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Salary Min: $93,300.00 Annually
Salary Max: $115,800.00 Annually
Short-term Incentive Eligible:
Workplace Flexibility: Yes
Posting End Date: Open until filled.
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager, this position is responsible to provide leadership in the Accounts Payable function.
- Oversees and ensures that the accounts payable processes, including the invoice and payment processes and credit card programs, are processed efficiently, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Promotes the use and understanding of accounts payable policies, systems and procedures to ensure compliance with corporate controls, including SOX requirements, and legislative requirements and to ensure complete, accurate and timely financial data.
- Recommends, develops and documents relevant financial policy, procedures and controls integrating with the procurement to payment process; and ensure that accounting integrity, corporate governance and financial discipline is integrated with the supply process.
- Provides leadership and direction to staff; hires staff, oversees, coordinates and delegates work assignments to meet operational demands and stakeholder needs, set performance expectations and conduct regular performance reviews. Facilitates the effective resolution to problems.
- Leads initiatives for the Accounts Payable function directed towards process improvements. This includes evaluating and updating processes and procedures; recommending and implementing improvements to gain efficiencies and enhance internal controls.
- Prepares, reviews and provides oversight of various financial accounting transactions and activities, including journal entries and account reconciliations, and ensures the transactions and processes are functioning appropriately in accordance with SOX requirements and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Provides other financial accounting support as required.
- Degree in Business/Commerce with a minimum of four (4) years’ related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered. Prior experience managing Accounts Payable function and a recognized professional accounting designation is preferred.
- Knowledge of best practices in accounts payable and financial accounting
- Demonstrated ability to apply superior judgment, strategic and innovative thinking in decision making
- Demonstated ability to effectively persuade and influence others
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Effective time management skills, in order to organize multiple priorities and competing demands with tight timelines
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems/conflict
- Strong coaching, mentoring and leadership skills in order to motivate and develop employees to reach their capabilities
- Demonstated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong technical skills working with a large ERP solution, preferably in an SAP environment
- Strong technological skills in MS Office, and ability to learn new technologies, including robotics process automation (RPA), PowerBI and data analytics.
In this role, you will have the option to participate in a flexible work program, enabling you to work from an approved flex location in British Columbia up to 85 days a year (equivalent to approximately two days a week), subject to business or operational needs.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.