Senior Research & Evaluation Analyst
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Salary: $3,010.00 Bi-weekly
Workplace Flexibility: No
Posting End Date: Open until filled
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
This position is responsible for the provision of information to the Marketing Department for use in marketing planning and to other departments for customer satisfaction tracking.
- Plans, organizes, and conducts: primary research studies and analysis to monitor and evaluate programs, products or services; secondary market research studies and analyses to identify sector intelligence, trends and resulting implications, including:
- developing detailed objectives based on input from group requesting information/study;
- determining the scope and parameters required to meet the study objectives in a cost-effective manner;
- selecting and adapting study methodology to ensure validity and relevance of findings;
- designing and testing questionnaire(s);
- selecting sample (or target organizations for study), ensuring that size and selection methods will provide valid results;
- co-ordinating work of consultants and/or research firms engaged in data collection and input;
- analyzing and interpreting results; and
- formulating supportable conclusions and recommendations and preparing various related reports.
- Co-ordinates and prepares comprehensive reports to meet management and regulatory requirements.
- Acts as consultant or technical resource in the design of market research studies and the development of analysis procedures for customer satisfaction, market assessments, competitive analyses, industry trends and related studies.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to internal and external groups to ensure understanding and acceptance of research results. Facilitates implementation of recommendations.
- Initiates and co-ordinates advisory teams with other departments relating to research and related projects, facilitates and leads meetings, and interprets recommendations and priorities.
- Responds to information requests from the Utilities Commission, government agencies, the Canadian Gas Association, and others.
- Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties (including driving a vehicle), which do not affect the rating of the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in behavioral sciences, marketing or related discipline, including or supplemented by courses in research design, sampling techniques and statistical methods.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, including competence in project management.
- Excellent oral and written communications and presentation skills, including market research and evaluation report writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of computer systems operations, environment and peripherals. Sound working knowledge of statistical, spreadsheet, word processing and other applications software in use in the department.
- Three years directly related and/or relevant experience.
- Valid British Columbia Driver’s License.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.