Information Systems Co-op
Employment Status: Co-op Student
Salary: $21.87 Hourly
Temp Duration: 8 Months
Workplace Flexibility: No
Posting End Date: Open until filled
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
Under the direction of the Manager and IS Operations Lead, this co-op student will be responsible for:
- First level technical support for all FortisBC personal computing and related equipment
- Perform upgrades, installations, and preventive maintenance tasks
- Loading and configuring of laptops and desktops for end user deployment
- Update corporate software records and documentation
- Provide support to the IS project teams
- Action user support requests
- Currently enrolled in Computer Information Systems or equivalent program
- Microsoft training
- Network infrastructure training - Cisco
- IP telephony training
- Valid class 5 BC drivers’ license
- This is an 8 month co-op term starting January 2024
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.