Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Salary: $2,759.00 Bi-weekly
Workplace Flexibility: No
Posting End Date: Open until filled
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
Coordinates the development, production and distribution of corporate and marketing communications:
- Receives, and reviews requests from the Communications Project Manager or delegate.
- Supports the development of communications plans.
- Suggests appropriate communications, media and advertising strategies.
Acts as project leader for communication projects:
- Develops and facilitates project plans and schedules to ensure the timely delivery of projects.
- Ensures project schedules are aligned with the resources available and ensures optimal use of internal resources.
- Briefs project team of project goals.
- Coordinates the reviews drafts of copy and proofs from creative, and routes for review.
- In liaison with media placement agency, advertising agency, or creative/design studios, implements media plans, sets schedules, and provides budget allocations.
- Works with the media placement agency to coordinate the approvals of media buy recommendations, placements and advertisement schedules and details.
- Ensures creative assets are supplied and sent to the agency in a timely matter.
- Ensures advertising schedules are received and budgets checked against overall project budget.
- Sources, interviews and negotiates with suppliers and production vendors, analyzes quotations to provide cost estimates to internal clients, assesses their work and makes decisions on supplier selection for projects.
- Generates purchase requisitions to ensure proper job specifications are provided to outside suppliers, and reconciles invoices against quotations.
- Monitor project progress and identify risks, barriers and constraints to project lead and/or manager and work collaboratively with teams to devise solutions.
- Documents project phases and creates summary reports for company management.
- Tracks and monitors project budgets.
- Manages production docket system including library of all production materials.
- Coordinate’s the proofreading of materials, and inspection pre-press artwork to ensure quality.
- Ensures a FortisBC representative attends press checks as required.
- Ensures that all finished advertising materials are sent to clients, suppliers, publications, or other destinations.
- Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties that do not affect the rating of the job.
- Completion of a recognized diploma in Business Administration, Communications or a related field from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Minimum of three (3) years directly related and recent experience.
- Thorough knowledge of procedures involved in print production, including pre-press and printing technology, digital and social media.
- Thorough understanding of the use of communications media (collateral, web, advertising - print, radio, TV, online) to achieve client’s objectives.
- Ability to assess and evaluate the quality of supplier’s work and evaluate estimates for accuracy.
- Strong communications planning and project management skills with sound budgeting and time management skills, including the ability to work effectively under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with minimal managerial supervision.
- Demonstrated understanding of project management concepts.
- Strong knowledge of written and digital project management tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and proof-reading skills.
- Sound knowledge of PC computer. Sound working knowledge of Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat, Outlook, project management software (i.e. Microsoft Project), PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.