Affiliation: Management & Exempt
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Workplace Flexibility: Yes
Posting End Date: Open until filled
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
You’re an incredibly organized professional who provides exceptional service to the leaders you support. You’re experience and ability to monitor changing priorities and plans with hawk-eye precision helps you ensure everyone is set-up for success. Your personality and charisma help you to build close-knit working relationships, and yet you demonstrate professionalism to act as a pivotal contact for all internal and external parties. The qualities and years of experience you possess make you a great fit for our Executive Assistant role.
In this position, you’ll be responsible for representing the designated executive offices internally and externally, and support the executives with a variety of professional administrative and financial services.
In this role, you will:
- Develop close working relationships with the Executive Leadership team and executive assistants, including an understanding of working styles, and learn to prioritize while, at times, covering your colleagues.
- Gain an understanding of our key priorities, monitor status throughout the year and support the designated executives with administrative support services.
- Become the key contact, internally and externally, to various associations, offices, boards and organizations, in addition to all levels across the organization.
- Assume responsibility to plan and execute logistical details for corporate events, internally and externally.
What it takes:
- A degree or diploma in business administration, or a related field, from a recognized program with a minimum of four years of recent, related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- A high degree of professionalism and discretion with the ability to exercise judgment and work with minimal structure or direction.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to multitask supported by software, administrative, and financial knowledge.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of internal and external contacts clearly and courteously.
- Demonstrated knowledge of FortisBC’s organization, structure, processes and procedures.
In this role, you will have the option to participate in a flexible work program, enabling you to work from an approved flex location in British Columbia with restrictions, subject to business or operational needs.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.