Customer Service Representative
Affiliation: MoveUp Customer Service
Employment Status: Unscheduled Part-Time Regular
Temp Duration: Hourly
Workplace Flexibility: No
Posting End Date: Open until filled
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
You live and breathe the values of delivering a world-class customer experience with an empathic demeanor, integrity and respect. A people-person at heart, you put yourself in the shoes of others to gain a better perspective of every situation so you can offer the best possible solutions. You understand that customers contribute to any company's success and take tremendous pride in ensuring every customer is happy with every interaction, so they come away with memorable experiences they can share with others.
As our Customer Service Representative, you’ll put all passion for the customer experience to work and contribute to an environment where customer engagement matters most. In this role, you’ll connect with customers to support their questions, inquiries and concerns through various channels, such as online chat, phone and email. You’ll take charge to resolve customer inquiries with little to no effort from our customers to make their situation easy and worry-free. As a customer yourself, you understand it’s all about our customers and supporting them the right way the first time.
In year 1, you will:
- Develop knowledge and skills in the overall fundamental customer service processes to provide world-class experiences while interacting with our customers.
- Work to better understand our customer service expectations through specialized processes and channels of communication.
- Build relationships with peers and leaders through regular interactions.
In year 2, you will:
- Continue to build knowledge, skills and confidence in all customer service processes, including resolving more complex and escalated customer inquiries.
- Partner with customer service leaders to support and mentor new colleagues.
- Gain a broader understanding of projects, committees and initiatives through collaboration across the customer service teams and beyond.
What it takes:
- A high school diploma or general educational development.
- A customer-centric mentality and attitude dedicated to creating memorable and world-class experiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communications delivered in an understanding and respectful way.
- A solid multi-tasker who can navigate multiple computer programs to support the work you do with customers.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and an ability to ask effective questions to get to the root of any issue and provide the best possible solution.
What does it mean to be an Unscheduled Part Time Regular employee?
- An Unscheduled Part Time Regular employee, or UPTR for short, is hired to fill a part-time position of an ongoing nature while working variable hours.
- You will work a minimum 4 consecutive hours to a maximum 7.5 consecutive hours in any day and will be scheduled anytime between Monday to Friday, 7am to 8pm based on operational requirements.
- You are able to submit a standing request for preferred shifts (although shift assignment is based solely on operational requirements).
- You will normally work a minimum of 37.5 hours bi-weekly and a maximum of 60 hours bi-weekly (ranging from 18.75 to 30 hours per week).
- You will be eligible for benefits after their completion of 975 hours of accumulated service.
- To view the full job description, click here.
- This is an office based role that will be required to be on site during scheduled shifts (located at our Prince George office).
- Application process:
- If your application is shortlisted, you will receive an eSkills link to complete a Customer Service Assessment.
- Once the Assessment has been completed, you will receive a separate link to complete a one-way recorded VidCruiter Video Interview.
- If you are shortlisted past the VidCruiter Video Interview to the last phase of recruitment, you will be scheduled for a 15 minute Teams call with a Team Manager to discuss the role in greater detail.
- Successful applicants will be required to attend full-time classroom training starting on October 3, 2023, from Monday to Friday and scheduled from 9:00am - 5:00pm. Attendance is MANDATORY during this time.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.