Accounting Manager, AMI
Affiliation: Management & Exempt
Employment Status: Full-Time Temporary
Workplace Flexibility: Yes
Temp Duration: approximately 3 years
Posting End Date: September 11, 2023
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
You’re ready to take on the challenge of working on our Gas Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Project where you will be part of a team building a more reliable natural gas system for our more than one million customers across British Columbia. Your outstanding talent in steering strategic vision and providing project management support while orchestrating financial activities, our Accounting Manager, AMI role will provide you the opportunity to be part of a dynamic team and match your passion for projects and a knack for financial finesse . While you will be the key resource for monitoring, evaluating and making financial recommendations, you’re a team player who’s quick to provide support to ensure the highest level of service, accuracy and quality in all you do.
Reporting to the Project Director, Planning and Governance, this long term project position will provide leadership to the project team by overseeing budgets, manage reporting, and ensure all financial processes to support the capital and operations and maintenance (O&M) spending associated with the project are met.
The Gas AMI Project represents one of the largest Major Projects in FortisBC’s history as we upgrade all of our gas meters to implement automated technologies that will improve the safety, resiliency, sustainability, and reliability of our natural gas system. The new technologies will provide remote access to our metering infrastructure, allowing us to respond to emergencies more quickly and reduce costs and emissions related to manual meter readings, and increase the accuracy and accessibility of consumption information, modernizing our customer experience and empowering customers to make more informed energy choices. The AMI Project involves a cross-functional team spanning the entirety of our Company, presenting exciting opportunities to everyone who’s involved.
In this role, you will:
- Oversee and manage all financial activities and processes related to the project, including budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting.
- Lead the team to provide monthly, quarterly, and annual financial management reporting and comprehensive variance analysis of expenditures and key measures.Collaberate with stakeholders to develop and monitor project budgets, ensuring adherence to financial goals.
- Identify risk mitigation strategies and implement processes to assess risks; monitor risk throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Support the project sponsors and user groups to ensure they receive appropriate finance support by responding to requests promptly, assisting with regulatory submissions, maintaining open lines of communication, and knowledge sharing.
What it takes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance, or in a related discipline from a recognized program, plus 8-12 years related experience in a leadership capacity or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Strong technical skills working within a large enterprise resource planning solution, preferably in the SAP environment.
- Ability to forecast project budget, milestones, and completion deadlines
- Excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to manage and work with various groups.
- Effective communication skills to interact with both financial and non-financial stakeholders.
What you need to know:
- This position is located in Surrey, BC.
In this role, you will have the option to participate in a flexible work program, enabling you to work from an approved flex location in British Columbia up to 85 days a year (equivalent to approximately two days a week), subject to business or operational needs.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.