Manager, Business Innovation
Affiliation: Management & Exempt
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Workplace Flexibility: Yes
Posting End Date: Open until filled
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
You’re an exceptional leader with the ability to manage and provide guidance for continuous innovation that will achieve FortisBC business goals. Working with talented professionals from across FortisBC and partnering with innovative external organizations, you will demonstrate your passion for encouraging and developing innovative solutions that will strengthen our operations, improve service to our customers and help achieve our decarbonization goals.
Reporting to the director, business innovation, the manager, business innovation, you will be overseeing the portfolio of projects and funds related to the Clean Growth Innovation Fund (CGIF). If you’re someone with strong analytical skills and the ability to lead and motivate a team, join us in leading B.C.’s clean energy transformation.
In this role, you will:
- Coordinate technical and financial approvals of CGIF expenditures, and accurately track the approved expenditures.
- Inspire and support the Innovation and Sustainability Ambassador program in collaboration with the Senior Program Manager, Corporate Sustainability. The ISAN program is designed to facilitate grassroots change around innovation and sustainability in our workplace.
- Provide solutions, oversight and leadership to promote innovation throughout FortisBC, ensuring creative solutions are at the forefront.
- Build and enhance relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, ensuring a customer-centric and collaborative approach to implementing innovation solutions.
- Recommend innovative business solutions and processes to senior management, while identifying areas for future development.
What it takes:
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from a recognized program or a professional equivalent, with a minimum of 10 years experience in the energy or utility industry.
- Relevant experience in the following would be considered an asset: gas or electric systems, data analysis, project management, engineering, or customer service.
- Professional Engineering certification is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional analytical skills, with a demonstrated ability to analyze innovative proposals from a techno-economic perspective.
- Excellent strategic thinking with a detail-oriented mindset to establish key relationships for business innovation and development.
In this role, you will have the option to participate in a flexible work program, enabling you to work from an approved flex location in British Columbia up to 85 days a year (equivalent to approximately two days a week), subject to business or operational needs.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.