User Experience (UX) Researcher
Employment Status: Full-Time Temporary
Salary: $40.13 Hourly
Temp Duration: 18 Months
Workplace Flexibility: No
Posting End Date: Open until filled
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
A great listener with a natural ability to connect with anyone you speak with, you’re an expert at collaborating with others to understand feedback, all in the spirit of improving the user experience to drive successful results. You’re also a problem-solving whiz who analyzes data and produces solutions that work for any user.
As our User Experience Researcher, you’ll put yourself in our customers' shoes and implement their feedback to develop tools and programs that support our business objectives. In this role, you’ll gather user feedback and input to help understand their perspectives, motivations and goals. You’ll use these insights to help improve interface designs that offer a fantastic user experience and keep customers coming back.
In year 1, you will:
- Undertake various surveys and interviews to ensure the digital interfaces that support our rebate offers are easy to navigate and use.
- Train and inspire your colleagues within Communications to think about how the design process can overcome their challenges.
- Work with various vendors in the creation and reporting of market research studies that evaluate the performance of our products and services.
In year 2, you will:
- Play a critical role in designing and implementing enhanced and new digital services to support our goal to reduce the province’s greenhouse gas emissions.
- Work with talented communication and service experts and designers to create new enrolment processes and digital user interfaces for products and services related to Renewable Natural Gas.
- Ensure we have the right communication vehicles that are easy for customers to use.
What it takes:
- A bachelor’s degree in Interactive/Digital Media, Human-Computer Interaction or directly related field, supplemented by courses in graphic design and qualitative research methodologies.
- Three years directly recent and related experience.
- Expert knowledge of user experience and user interface-related practices.
- A terrific collaborator who can partner with any team to bring the best product to market.
- A critical thinker who loves working with data and analytics.
- A great communicator who keeps everyone on the same page to ensure projects are completed successfully.
- Valid BC Driver’s License.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.