Compression & Controls Technician
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Salary: $52.01 Hourly
Workplace Flexibility: No
Posting End Date: Open until filled
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
- Shall perform all duties associated with transmission compressor stations and control, SCADA, and electronic measurement facilities including, but not limited to, the following; the installation, programming, activation, trouble shooting, operation and maintenance of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, electronic, control and computer equipment.
- Shall ensure that the predictive analysis and preventative maintenance schedules are developed and maintained.
- Shall provide comprehensive documentation of construction, inspection, commissioning, operation and maintenance work.
- Shall provide supervision to other employees and contractors as it relates to compression and control activities.
- Shall ensure efficient operation of the workgroup, including work group planning and scheduling as it relates to these duties and responsibilities.
- Shall keep abreast of changing technology as it relates to the “Duties and Responsibilities”.
- In the event there is insufficient work as outlined above or more urgent work elsewhere, s/he may be temporarily scheduled for work for which s/he is qualified in other departments.
Compression & Controls Technician 3 (CCT3) Level
- Disciplines and Accreditations:
- An Instrumentation and Control Technician (Industrial Instrument Mechanic) Certification of Qualification or an Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology (Automation and Instrumentation Option) Diploma of Technology, or
- An Industrial Electrician Certificate of qualification or an Electrical Computer Engineering Technology (Electrical Power and Industrial Control Option) Diploma of Technology, or
- An Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Certificate of Qualification
- Familiarity with recent technological advancements in the areas of instrumentation, electronics and computer application as it relates to these fields
- Demonstrated safe work habits and adherence to safety regulation and practices on a sustained basis, i.e., codes, standards, procedures, etc.
- Initiative, sense of responsibility, ability to make timely and appropriate decisions and a cooperative, tactful approach with other employees.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, ability to communicate effectively in verbal, written and electronic form.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to work without direct supervision.
Compression & Controls Technician 2 (CCT2) Level
- The qualifications of a CCT 3 with one (1) year of compression and gas experience and demonstrated competency or a stipulated accreditation in any two of the three CCT 3 disciplines with no compression experience.
Compression & Controls Technician 1 (CCT1) Level
- A stipulated accreditation in any two of the three CCT3 disciplines with two (2) years of compression and gas experience and demonstrated competency or a stipulated accreditation in any one of the three CCT3 disciplines with four (4) years of compression and gas experience and demonstrated competency.
- Industrial Electrician ticket is required.
- Applicants will be considered in the following order:
- Fully qualified CCT1.
- If there are no fully qualified applicants, we will consider CCT2 applicants.
- On-Call/Standby requirements: This role has on-call/standby requirements based on operational needs.
- Residency requirements: The successful candidate must adhere to the residency requirements of this position.
- Overtime requirements: This role has overtime requirements based on operational needs.
- Out of town work/Travel requirements: This role has out of town work/travel requirements based on operational needs.
What you need to know:
- Prior to the interview, Talent Acquisition will conduct a full employee general record review. This will include, but is not limited to: sick leave and attendance records, personnel file review and letters on file.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.