Account Manager, Project Development - Renewable Gas
Affiliation: Management & Exempt
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Workplace Flexibility: Yes
Posting End Date: Open until filled
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
You’re a laser-focused individual who utilizes a collaborative mindset to achieve your objectives. You’re an expert in creating financial models with any extremely analytical thought process that allows you to evaluate results and provide supporting solutions.
In this role, you’ll identify, analyze and develop new renewable gas supply projects that include building business cases, agreement negotiations, creating project finance models and supporting regulatory applications. You’ll also manage existing supply agreements and take on responsibilities such as supplier relationships, billing, agreement amendments and reporting.
We are committed to building a greener future with our 30BY30 target to reduce our customers’ emissions by 30 per cent by the year 2030. We need collaborators, innovators, and leaders like yourself to help us achieve our goal. Join us in re-thinking our energy future.
In year 1, you will:
- Develop an understanding of how to operate a project and all internal processes.
- Support financial and commercial analysis for asset acquisitions and investment in renewable gas projects.
- Develop and review complex financial models to provide the valuation and quantitative analysis of opportunities.
- Support due diligence on project development and acquisitions to develop key business term sheets along with business cases.
In year 2, you will:
- Develop business cases for new renewable gas investment opportunities.
- Identify investment opportunities and propose finance structures for existing and potential projects to benefit FortisBC and its customers.
- Build on the first year of experience and progress through multiple new opportunities to secure new renewable gas investment opportunities.
- Begin actively managing accounts and supporting broader regulatory applications.
What it takes:
- A bachelor’s degree in business with a minimum of 5 years experience in customer management, sales, business development and marketing.
- Experience in project investment, project finance and debt/equity finance.
- Excellent knowledge of industrial equipment, gas infrastructure and or gas supply and gas marketing are an asset.
- Exceptional analytical skills with an ability to analyze commercial arrangements with appropriate financial analysis to support conclusions.
- Valid Class 5 BC drivers license
In this role, you will have the option to participate in a flexible work program, enabling you to work from an approved flex location in British Columbia up to 85 days a year (equivalent to approximately two days a week), subject to business or operational needs.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.