Systems Analyst 4 - M365 Specialist
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Salary: $3,282.00 Bi-weekly
Workplace Flexibility: No
Posting End Date: Open until filled
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
We are looking for an experienced Systems Analyst who works well in a team atmosphere, is self-motivated, strives to improve and streamline processes, is adaptable, quick learner and has working experience or knowledge with SharePoint, M365, Power Platform, PowerShell, online forms and the ability to triage performance issues to complement the teams’ support with applications including the above, mentoring, developing governance, strategy, roadmaps, as well as fielding, prioritizing, planning, coordinating, and scheduling work for hundreds of solutions and sites.
- Provide mentorship, guidance, technical advice, training and direction to team members so they are equipped to effectively manage their individual corporate critical application support activities.
- Assist in the management of employee development for their respective group.
- Communicate effectively and demonstrate professional competence with users, co-workers and management.
- Provide a technical and functional expertise on a wide range of strategic, financial, regulatory, safety, and reputational impactful applications.
- Assist in the general administration of the department.
- Analyze and respond to complex incidents, problem reports, and inquiries in a timely manner, recommending and taking the appropriate course of action and/or system changes required to resolve them.
- Produce detailed software design and functional specifications (“design specifications”) for bug fixes, maintenance releases, and enhancements related to in-scope applications. Develops software code based on the design specifications including writing new code, modifying existing code and integrating software code using a source control system.
- Maintain a library of all Application(s) code, including a record of all updates to the code; maintain and track all access to the code. Maintain database objects and documentation such as the ERD, dictionaries and libraries.
- Minimum 2 year Diploma in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience related work experience.
- Competency in managing in medium to large projects.
- Superior interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Immediate knowledge of data center technologies, virtualization, storage, backup, networking, security and all related supporting infrastructure.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with co-workers and perform all duties in a professional manner.
- Technology subject matter expert with applications such as SAP, Customer Information Systems (CIS), Geographical Information Systems (GIS), Mobile Workforce Management (MWFM), Automated Metering Infrastructure (AMI), or Content Management Systems (CMS) is an asset.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.