Enterprise Development Lead (SAP)
Affiliation: Management & Exempt
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Workplace Flexibility: Yes
Posting End Date: Open until filled
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
You’re an experienced SAP developer with a background both in modern S/4 HANA and C/4 HANA, and legacy ECC and CRM. Supporting complex, integrated environments including a mix of legacy and modern systems, with a reach of thousands of employees and millions of customers is your bread and butter.
Joining our Information Systems department, you’ll help maintain and enhance our SAP ERP environment. You’ll work on transformative business projects, sustain what exists, and always have room to innovate and optimize. The tools of your trade will be ABAP, ABAP OOP, Web Services, flat files integration, Fiori Apps, Web Dynpro and a supporting variety of other platforms and applications.
While happy writing code, you don’t shy away from being business-facing, and you relish the ability to work directly with our partners and customers in the business to make everyone’s lives better. You've demonstrated time and time again that you're quick to take the initiative, and your dedication to curiosity, problem solving, and getting the job done right means you're up for any challenge.
In year 1, you will:
- Refresh your knowledge on ECC and CRM, if you are currently primarily an S/4 developer.
- Learn and take over second-line support for our nightly bill batch process.
- Learn to support the current CRM IC-WebClient user interface.
- Work on Print Workbench Applications
- Come up to speed on FortisBC’s general technology landscape, learn system architectures and interfaces.
- Build relationships and trust with stakeholders in the business.
- Work on small development projects and well-defined sustainment work packages with the support of other developers and team members.
In year 2, you will:
- Begin contributing to our major ERP migration project (ECC to S/4).
- Start to take responsibility for and lead more significant development projects.
- Provide strategic input and solution architecture for longer term improvements and projects.
What it takes:
- A diploma or degree in a related field, such as Computer Science or Information Technology, plus at least five years of recent and related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A strong background in SAP development technologies including ABAP, ABAP Object Oriented Programming, Web Dynpro, BSP and Web Services(SOAP/REST/HTTP).
- General IS-U Knowledge (Master Data, Device Management, Billing and Invoicing). Billing and invoicing is particularly important.
- Experience on Print Workbench Applications to display bills and invoices
- SAP development certifications would be an asset.
- Scrum or other Agile related certifications would be an asset.
- A proven self-starter who is quick to take initiative.
- Effective problem-solving skills for aiding with minor fixes and managing more extensive upgrades.
- A demonstrated ability to use strategic thinking for big-picture program planning and a determined work ethic for detailed programming work.
- An ability to switch between technical and non-technical frames of mind when supporting partners and managing development requests.
In this role, you will have the option to participate in a flexible work program, enabling you to work from an approved flex location in British Columbia up to 85 days a year (equivalent to approximately two days a week), subject to business or operational needs.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.