Conservation & Energy Management Program Manager, Indigenous Communities
Affiliation: Management & Exempt
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Workplace Flexibility: Yes
Posting End Date: Open until filled
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
You’re passionate about conversation and are seeking a role that combines your energy efficiency program experience with an opportunity to engage Indigenous communities and support their journey to reducing carbon emissions. You bring extensive project management expertise and leverage your exceptional interpersonal skills to nurture strong relationships while driving bespoke energy programs tailored to the needs of the communities you serve. Your unique skillset makes you the ideal candidate for our Indigenous Program Manager position.
In this role, you’ll lead Demand Side Management (DSM) program delivery, marketing, and community engagement opportunities with Indigenous communities and stakeholder partners, in turn developing and maintaining trusting relationships.
In this role, you will:
- Engage with our Indigenous customers’ housing and infrastructure teams and Indigenous stakeholder organizations to further develop trusted relationships.
- Collaborate with departmental partners to curate effective strategies and solutions for individual Indigenous communities.
- Implement and lead DSM program delivery, marketing, and community engagement with Indigenous communities and stakeholders.
- Meet performance metrics and report program delivery, budget allocation, and other elements appropriately.
What it takes:
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or related discipline from a recognized program, plus a minimum of five (5) years of recent, related experience with demonstrated success. Demonstrated leadership in the field of Indigenous/community/public relations, business development, or project management. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Previous experience with delivering and communicating DSM programs, and experience working in a regulated utility would be an asset.
- Exceptional leadership experience with team building capacity, and supervisory experience in a unionized environment is considered an asset.
- Excellent project planning, development, and management skills to lead initiatives from start to finish.
- Outstanding communication and professional relationship-building skills to foster strong connections with corporate departments, community organizations, and leaders.
- Demonstrated Indigenous relations experience with communities in British Columbia.
- Proven knowledge of customer experience and satisfaction best practices, particularly within Indigenous communities.
- A thorough understanding of DSM principles and applying these practices to support conservation issues.
In this role, you will have the option to participate in a flexible work program, enabling you to work from an approved flex location in British Columbia up to 85 days a year (equivalent to approximately two days a week), subject to business or operational needs.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.