Operational Learning Coordinator
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Salary: $2,370.00 Bi-weekly
Workplace Flexibility: No
Posting End Date: Open until filled
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
- Prepares annual training schedules for full and part-time trainers.
- Uses various reports and/or information provided regarding operational training requirements to generate annual schedule for IBEW employees.
- Uses calendar, outlook/teams, confirmation with Operations management to coordinate, schedule and communicate training dates and resources required (e.g. trainers, facilities, equipment); if resource shortages are identified (trainers), works with Manager to resolve.
- Works collaborative with other departments (e.g. HR, Operations) for coordination and prioritization of training and new hire training schools to meet business needs.
- Provides support services in the delivery of training courses, projects and programs by department staff, part-time and full-time trainers, external consultants, and guest speakers, including:
- Coordinating training schedules;
- Arranging for facilities, set-up, equipment, participant materials and supplies; and
- Preparing visual aids and handouts;
- Works collaboratively with other team members to ensure work is coordinated (e.g. dept inbox flow).
- Adheres to departmental processes when arranging for training (e.g. trainer/participant ratio, safety protocol, etc). Follow up with managers post-training on any action items (e.g. no shows, rescheduling, etc); represents the department as a subject matter expert where processes are concerned.
- Maintain liaison with representatives from operations and other interested parties within the Company to ensure they are aware of training programs. Assists other departments in arranging for and setting up work group training.
- Maintains and updates the Training Calendar.
- Writes, drafts and edits a variety of written material including correspondence, reports.
- Conducts a variety of research including, but not limited to statistical data, external and internal resources, facilities and external course offerings, including costs related to same. Maintains a database of consultants, vendors, resources, and external training facilities.
- Participates in the development and implementation of effective communications and marketing strategies for the department, including:
- Investigating appropriate methods of informing FortisBC employees of training opportunities;
- Working with other departments to increase awareness of services offered by the department; and
- Developing and executing ideas to maximize attendance at and utilization of training sessions.
- Administers and maintains training resources (Resource Center) and the requirements for training equipment, materials and supplies.
- Assists in the planning and organization of, and acts as event coordinator for a variety of events, including forums and seminars sponsored by the department. Acts as a point of contact for vendors.
- Acts as Fund Administrator for the Training Trust Funds respectively, including:
- Liaising with the respective Trust Fund Trustees to ensure the respective agreements are adhered to;
- Maintaining records including budget proposals, business cases, reimbursements, timesheets and all related transactions;
- Reimbursing employees who participate in and/or attend fund-sponsored training programs using appropriate internal financial orders;
- Preparing statement and billing reports for Financial Accounting; and
- Arranging for approvals from the Trustees as required.
- Assists with the budget process for the department, ensuring corporate policies are followed. Prepares accruals and variance reviews for year-end forecasting.
- Audits for accuracy, codes and approves the following and sends to Corporate Accounts payable in a timely manner:
- Invoices, payment requisitions, etc.; and
- VISA statements and all applicable receipts.
- Performs a variety of support duties, including:
- Compiling and delivering various reports, including individual course histories and training reports; and
- Registering employees for courses and confirming attendance.
- Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties, which do not affect the rating of the job.
- Successful completion of Diploma in Business Administration, Training and Education or Marketing/Communications from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Eighteen (18) months resource planning or directly related relevant experience, of which one year of this experience is working in a Training environment.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office, SAP/LMS, and SharePoint. Basic knowledge of computer systems operations, environment and peripherals.
- Demonstrated sound analytical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to solicit and obtain information from a variety of internal sources and process inquiries, and communicate training concepts effectively through FortisBC.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to respond to internal and external client/customer inquiries.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and a good knowledge of current learning, business, operations and regulatory processes and practices.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player, show initiative and meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations/requirements and work within demanding work schedules.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.