Journeyman Tradesperson Fleet
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Salary: $49.37 Hourly
Workplace Flexibility: No
Posting End Date: Open until filled
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
The Journeyman Tradesman Automotive Truck and Transport Mechanic/Heavy Duty Mechanic role is expected to discharge the responsibility of and to practice fully his/her trades qualification.
A Journeyman Tradesman, Automotive/Truck and Transport Mechanic/Heavy Duty Mechanic reports to a staff supervisor or his/her delegate.
- Carry out the proper installation, disassembly and reassembly of parts. Complete repairs and maintenance of vehicles, mobile equipment, attachments.
- Assist in training new employees, apprentices and employees in lower classifications.
- Perform duties normally carried out by a lower classification employee.
- Holder of a Canadian Interprovincial Automotive/Truck and Transport Mechanic/Heavy Duty Mechanic Journeyman Certificate.
- Holder of a valid Class 3 Driver’s License with Air Brake Endorsement and is able to operate vehicles and mobile equipment.
- Overtime requirements: This role may have overtime requirements based on operational needs.
- Travel requirements: This role may have travel/out of town requirements based on operational needs.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.