Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Salary: $2,370.00 bi-weekly
Workplace Flexibility: No
Posting End Date: June 9, 2023
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
- Assigns, dispatches and monitors field work through the utilization of computer systems to meet customer needs. Receives and responds to internal and external inquiries pertaining to daily operational activities, including emergencies. Creates and processes work orders when required.
- Contacts customers, internal and external agencies regarding a variety of operations related activities, such as proposed construction and maintenance activities, emergencies, and customer appointments.
- Monitors daily schedules for Operation field resources pertaining to assessment of local weather conditions, potential hazards, resources, priorities and estimated time requirements. Revises daily schedules to accommodate operational requirements. Identify and resolve issues that arise through daily dispatch duties.
- Arranges logistics related material and equipment to field resources. Inclusive but not limited to, the ordering of required materials and the arrangement of traffic control, saw cutters, municipal inspectors, x-ray inspection, etc..
- Adheres to FortisBC emergency procedures, including the notification of management, external agencies such as fire, police and municipalities. Runs emergency analysis, maintains related emergency records, and ensures accuracy of emergency job diaries.
- Answers routine inquiries regarding job status, delivery dates, meter identification, requests for field resources, equipment and job status’.
- Provide support to others in understanding of job functions, processes and procedures; identify training requirements. Provide on the job training to others and/or input into training curriculum.
- Performs duties of a minor nature which do not impact the rating of the job.
- High school graduation including post-secondary courses in business, communications and/or computer technology.
- Two years directly related experience (i.e. Operations Support or Field position); including a minimum of 18 months directly related dispatch experience.
- Ability to distribute and monitor field work, and adhere to company procedures, and operational processes.
- Ability to interpret data from a variety of sources, analyze information and make sound judgments/decisions.
- Intermediate level keyboarding skills, and ability to work on various software applications and equipment related to dispatch, including but not limited to; SAP, GIS, Microsoft Office (Excel).
- Ability to communicate effectively with others in both a courteous, calm, and professional manner.
- Ability to interpret data, analyze workload against available resources, and determine appropriate course of action by making sound judgements.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, multitask and work under pressure during emergency/peak workload situations.
- Capable of maintaining a working knowledge of changing procedures and safety regulations pertaining to the field operations environment.
- Knowledge of Customer Service, Construction & Maintenance and System Operations processes and procedures.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems and/or recommend corrective action.
*NOTE: This position has restricted holiday availability based on operational requirements, for certain months as per the collective agreement. Demanding work environment. Shift may vary. Must respond to emergency call out at anytime day or night, as workload and system requires.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.