Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Salary: $2,759.00 Bi-weekly
Workplace Flexibility: No
Posting End Date: Open until filled
We’re a Canadian-owned and BC-based energy company taking steps toward a lower-carbon energy future by providing renewable energy, natural gas and electricity to more than 1.2 million customers.
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we transform BC’s energy future. Our diverse team of more than 2,600 employees is committed to a safe and inclusive culture where each of us can connect, belong and grow. Join us and let’s work together for a better BC.
- Develops and writes copy for print and radio advertising material, websites, newsletters, brochures and other print pieces, and other communications/advertising materials produced for the FortisBC group of companies.
- Assesses topic and audience for preparation of presentation.
- Liaises with Communications Coordinator, Communication Manager(s) and clients in other departments to assess writing and research needs.
- Determines what research if any, is necessary to achieve the final written product.
- Researches and verifies information for topics and issues, using credible sources such as other corporations, personal interviews, Statistics Canada, industry associations and others.
- Applies critical and strategic thought to the development of materials and independently determines appropriate messages for assignments.
- Works with the Designer to create concepts that address and contribute to achieving advertising and marketing objectives.
- Writes in a clear, concise style (FortisBC voice) suitable for marketing materials or public information materials.
- Edits and rewrites copy in accordance with client changes, corporate style and standards and space limitations.
- Contributes to
- a research and sources database for marketing communications and
- a central reference source for FortisBC’s writing style.
- Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties which do not affect the rating of the job.
- Diploma in English, Communications, Journalism, Professional Writing or equivalent education.
- Two years directly relevant work experience.
- Ability to generate original concepts and ideas, given strategic direction.
- Portfolio of talent and ability
- in a wide range of written materials which include: print ads, brochures, radio ads, newsletters, and websites; and
- to write for different audiences and meet different objectives (e.g. formal corporate writing in annual report vs. short, motivating copy in promotional ad).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work quickly under frequent pressure against tight deadlines.
- Ability to take direction from several individuals, and adapt to a constantly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Intermediate level of computer literacy including Microsoft Word. Possesses fast and accurate keyboard skills.
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.