About Flutter Care:
140-million individuals navigate pregnancy each year. For many, this is an uncertain and dangerous process. But what if we could make pregnancy safer, more informed, and more predictable? Flutter Care is on a mission to improve pregnancy outcomes and we are recruiting an ambitious electronics engineer to join our team.
As an early-stage company, Flutter is an energetic and dynamic work environment. Our employees take leadership in the development of the company and share their talents across our many projects. As a member of this organization, you will join an environment of collaborative and purpose-led learning. If this sounds like your ideal workplace, we’d love to get to know you more!
Flutter Care is also supported by leading entrepreneurial programs including the Hardware Catalyst Initiative; Canada's only lab and incubator for hardware and semiconductor-focused companies.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Use broad technical skills for the design and development activities of Flutter Care’s wearable technology
- Participate in executing technology development and cross-functional project tasks
- Design circuits, select electronic components, and develop firmware in C/C++
- Develop and execute test methods that specify measurement equipment, test set-up, measurement systems and data review
- Execute quick turn prototyping, PCB bring-up, debugging, verification testing, and performance characterization of the sensors and wearable technology
- Perform technical research for new implementations of maternal and fetal health
- Evaluate the safety, efficiency and effectiveness of the wearable technology
- Create test setups and effectively document and communicate results.
- Provide documentation and files regarding technology development and other relevant R&D activities sufficient for Flutter Care to further develop the product
- Collaborate with other team members and consult with the relevant technical advisors for guidance on technology development
- Participate in cross-company meetings as necessary
- Strong background in Electrical or Computer Engineering or relevant field.
- Strong understanding of electronic components and how they function in a circuit
- Experience with software design in C/C++ in a multi-threaded environment
- Experience with PCB design and debugging, including the use of EDA tools such as Altium or KiCad
- Experience using electrical equipment such as an oscilloscope, power supply, multimeter, soldering iron, heat gun, etc.
- Experience with rapid prototyping and ability to think creatively to develop solutions
- Excellent communication and documentation skills: proficiency in writing detailed technical reports for product development activities
- Resourceful, punctual, and respectful
- Able to set personal goals and track progress, ensuring alignment with the team vision and strategy
- Able to work both independently and in team environments, and willing to seek out support when necessary
- Strong ethics, high level of professionalism, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proposed Start Date: October 1, 2023
- Proposed End Date: March 31, 2023 (with possibility of extension)
- Hours Per Week: 35 hours/week
- Location: Hybrid
- Competitive salary
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and portfolio (if available) via this job posting. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.