Journeyperson Welder - Prince George - 7x7 Continuous Shift
Number of Openings:1
Position Overview:We take pride in the quality of our work and provide a safe work environment for our people. Safety is not just a culture; it is a founding principle of our business. From trucks with 100,000 running hours to trucks that can run themselves, there is endless opportunities to carve out your future with Finning.
Reporting directly to the Service Supervisor, the Journeyman Welder will be responsible for various welding duties in a service-oriented environment. This position will be on a 7x7 schedule based out of our Prince George, BC facility.
If you are a safety conscious team player, self-motivated, autonomous, detail-oriented and possess your Journeyperson Welder certification then you are exactly who we are looking for!
What’s in it for you:
Industry leading compensation plan
$49.52 / hr
Hourly premiums available: night shift, first aid
Paid vacation and sick time
Employee Share Purchase Plan Options
Overtime is paid as double time
CAT dealer training is offered and encouraged
Industry leading Benefits and Pension
- Maintain and repair Caterpillar expanded mining equipment
- Perform routine maintenance work
- Occasional work at heights and confined spaces
- Frequent bending, squatting, climbing, and lifting/pushing of up to 45 pounds without assistance
- Complete technical documentation (service reports, warranty, crossover notes)
- Interact with customers, sales support, and the rest of the Finning team
- Work with the Service Supervisor and Leadhand on various tasks as required
- Interprovincial Welder Certification
- Valid driver’s license with a successful recent drivers abstract
- Safety conscious team player with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with a high attention to detail
- Strong welding aptitude with a knowledge of parts and service
- Successful completion of the vertical, flat, and overhead test for both SMAW and FCAW is necessary for successful candidacy
- Shovel assembly experience would be considered an asset
- Understanding of the Caterpillar expanded mining product line would be considered an asset
- This position is on a 7x7 continuous shift in Prince George, BC
- Any future shift changes will be made in accordance with the collective agreement
- A condition of employment is the ability to be fit tested and the ability to wear a respirator
**Candidate selection will be in compliance with the terms of the current collective agreement**
Union Membership: You are required to become a member of the Union associated with this position. This will be effective immediately and will result in union dues being deducted from your pay. The terms and conditions of your employment will be governed by the collective agreement.
At Finning, we prioritize creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we actively encourage all individuals to express themselves and achieve their full potential. As a company, we continuously strive to enhance our outreach to individuals of all backgrounds and identities. We do not discriminate against applicants based on gender identity, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities. Furthermore, Finning is committed to collaborating with and providing reasonable accommodations /adjustments to individuals with disabilities. If you require an adjustment/accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform your recruiter.