Number of Openings:1
Position Overview:The Buyer I role for Finning Canada plays a critical position in managing end-to-end procurement functions which includes buying and expediting within the assigned industry. You also play a key role in improving fill rates, parts availability and reducing costs and down-time for Finning and our customers.
This opportunity is full time - temporary - 6 months.
If you thrive in a fast paced environment and enjoy problem solving along with coming up with solutions, than this is the role for you!
- Order product from Caterpillar and Non-Cat suppliers to fulfill customer delivery requirements
- Monitor stock and consolidate emergency orders to replenish parts inventory, fill customer backorders, or supplement stock in supply constrained situations and maintain accurate records and parts tracking/order systems
- Expedite emergency orders to achieve the highest reasonable level of service appropriate to the need; while considering vendor cut times, transportation alternatives, in-transit times, freight rates and vendor policies
- Responsible for improving inventory health & fill rate by utilizing available network inventory to fill customer backorders
- Recognize and investigate problems with inventory (i.e. inefficient processes or system settings/parameters) and make recommendations to rectify
- Support branches and Finning departments to improve knowledge, understanding of parts procedures and performance to improve overall supply chain effectiveness
- Responsible for consistent adherence to planning/procurement processes throughout the team
- Collaborate with Inventory Planners, Supervisors, Supply chain groups, Branches and cross-functional groups within the company to identify and mitigate issues proactively.
- Post-secondary education in Supply Chain or Procurement is preferred. Supply Chain Management Professional designation is also considered an asset
- Minimum 2+ years related experience or acceptable combination of education and work experience
- Experience in service or parts; Cat product knowledge; Warehouse, front counter and inventory control will be of significant value
- Proficient in MS Office applications, advanced level in Excel
- Experience with MRP or ERP Systems
- Experience or exposure to transportation and logistics, warehousing and distribution, contracts management, sourcing and category management, master data management would be an asset
At Finning, we prioritize creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we actively encourage all individuals to express themselves and achieve their full potential. As a company, we continuously strive to enhance our outreach to individuals of all backgrounds and identities. We do not discriminate against applicants based on gender identity, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities. Furthermore, Finning is committed to collaborating with and providing reasonable accommodations /adjustments to individuals with disabilities. If you require an adjustment/accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform your recruiter.