Used Equipment Manager
Number of Openings:1
Position Overview:Looking for an Experienced Used Equipment Manager to join our team. Responsibilities include evaluating, acquiring and selling used equipment, negotiating deals and managing inventory.
You have a strong knowledge of heavy equipment market trends, pricing strategies and industry regulations. A proven track record in sales and effective communication skills.
If you are interested in joining our growing team please apply today!
Used Equipment Market Share Growth
- Leverage knowledge of the used equipment market, including trends, values & opportunities, work to create unique solutions designed to meet customers needs
- Partner with sales reps to develop key contacts with customers and consult on equipment needs and disposal opportunities.
- Strong understanding of customers in the local market, including their fleet replenishment strategies to identify opportunities to offer additional value though assistance with disposal, increased product offerings of used or rebuilds
- Develop pipeline of potential sales to meet used revenue targets
- Prospect proactively with customers to consult on equipment needs and move used solutions through the sales cycle
Used Inventory Retail Management
- Manage and maintain proper mix of used inventory selection and consignments
- Provide valuations for trade-in’s and on prospective acquisitions of used equipment
- Establish the disposition strategy, including asset financial performance at time of valuation
- Knowledge of used equipment market, customer wants/needs, product valuation
- Customer centric approach to the business
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strategic business planning, territory management and account management
- Ability to understand complex business problems, to apply appropriate analysis and sound decision-making, including negotiation skills
- Highly collaborative with the ability to positively influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to adapt approach to connect both with front-line employees and senior executives.
- Ability to handle complexity and balance with big picture
- Results-oriented with a bias for action
Education & Experience:
- Post-secondary education in a management discipline preferred.
- 8-10 years’ experience that combines industry knowledge with operational/ marketing/ sales experience
- Demonstrated customer relationship skills, solution selling
- Experienced in the preparation and presentation of business cases
- Strong business and financial acumen
At Finning, we prioritize creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we actively encourage all individuals to express themselves and achieve their full potential. As a company, we continuously strive to enhance our outreach to individuals of all backgrounds and identities. We do not discriminate against applicants based on gender identity, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities. Furthermore, Finning is committed to collaborating with and providing reasonable accommodations /adjustments to individuals with disabilities. If you require an adjustment/accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform your recruiter.