Heavy Duty Mechanic - Field - Power Systems - Whitehorse
Number of Openings:1
Position Overview:Heavy Duty Mechanics, we are looking for you!
Remember all those trucks you used to tinker with in the sandbox when you were a child? Well, now is your opportunity to maintain, rebuild, repair and trouble shoot them in a larger sandbox.
As the world's largest Caterpillar dealer, we are looking for the BEST Heavy Duty Mechanic to join our Whitehorse power systems team.
You're probably asking, what's in it for me? Well, here's some details!
Industry leading potential compensation plan
o $49.52/hr wages
o Hourly premiums available: first aid and field
o Paid vacation and sick
o Employee Share Purchase Plan Options
o RRSP Options
o Overtime & double time hours available
o 14x14 continuous shift or a 5x2 shift
o Industry leading Benefits and Pension
o Boot Allowance
o Tool Allowance
o Service Truck Provided
o Camp or Housing
o Travel Allowance (when applicable)
- Troubleshoot and repair Caterpillar equipment
- Perform field diagnosis and field running repairs
- Focus on power systems work
- Utilize Caterpillar SIS and ET daily
- Complete technical documentation (service reports, warranty, crossover notes, site failure reports)
- Interact with customers, sales support, and the rest of the Finning team
- Work with the Service Supervisor and Leadhand on various tasks as required
- Interprovincial Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) Certification (Red Seal) would be an asset
- Red Seal Off Road certificate required
- Valid driver’s license with a successful recent drivers abstract
- Proven field experience with a preference for experience in mining operations
- Safety conscious team player with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with a high attention to detail
- Previous Caterpillar mining product repair experience would be considered an asset
- This position is based on a 5x2 shift OR 14x14 continuous shift rotation based out of Whitehorse, YK
- A condition of employment is the ability to be fit tested and the ability to wear a respirator
- Any future shift changes that may occur will be made in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Collective Agreement
- Candidate selection will be in compliance with the terms of the current collective agreement
At Finning, we prioritize creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we actively encourage all individuals to express themselves and achieve their full potential. As a company, we continuously strive to enhance our outreach to individuals of all backgrounds and identities. We do not discriminate against applicants based on gender identity, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities. Furthermore, Finning is committed to collaborating with and providing reasonable accommodations /adjustments to individuals with disabilities. If you require an adjustment/accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform your recruiter.