Used Equipment Advisor
Number of Openings:1
Position Overview:The Used Equipment Advisor is responsible for all aspects of used Equipment Inventory at Finning. You are detail oriented, a great communicator and excellent at multi-tasking. You are the primary contact for sales, service, rental fleet, warranty and finance. This role is dynamic and customer service focused. If you are interested in joining our team please apply today!
This role offers a Hybrid work environment and we are interested in talking to candidates all across Western Canada.
- Equipment Procurement & Inventory Management:
- Facilitate equipment purchases direct from customer, rental fleet transfers, international purchases for designated region.
- Coordinate all aspects of equipment set up, including inspection, repair plan, work with service to complete repair plan in timely manner, in order to list for sale.
- Manage all aspects of Consignment program:
- Receive completed contract, liaise with sales to list and remarket the asset in accordance with Finning standards.
- Upon acceptance of an offer, work with sales to complete the sale, including order fulfillment, release and funding of the consignor.
- Used Equipment Order Fulfillment:
- Manages all aspects of used equipment sales, including accepting sales documents, ensuring all policies are adhered, coordinating logistic, credit release and warranty agreements to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Manage Used Equipment Listings and Remarketing:
- Ensure fleet is listed and represented effectively in order to facilitate a successful sale.
- Obtain photos, video, inspection, repair history, and other remarketing requirements as appropriate.
- Administration and management of Used Equipment systems, special projects, reporting, etc, as required.
- Excellent customer service
- Outstanding verbal and written communication
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks with varying timelines
- Proven problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to influence without authority among key stakeholders
- Work effectively under pressure with multiple priorities and within a high pressure work environment
- Detail oriented
- Proficient in all MS Office Applications, especially Excel and Outlook
- Working knowledge of an enterprise resourcing system (ERP) and sales support systems, CRM
- Complete/thorough knowledge of all used equipment processes and programs, including Cat Excellences, CVA, Warranty, Cat Certified Used, Consignments, and others, as required.
- Knowledge of the heavy equipment industry
- Familiar with both Caterpillar and competitive product lines
- Understanding of Sales and Supply Chain procedures and processes
- Comply and adhere to all Finning policies and procedures, including Safety
Education & Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in related work scope, specifically experience working in heavy equipment or construction industries would be beneficial
- Experience in sales support or administration or a related customer service field
- Post-secondary in related college or university program
- Process improvement or project management experience would be considered an asset
At Finning, we prioritize creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we actively encourage all individuals to express themselves and achieve their full potential. As a company, we continuously strive to enhance our outreach to individuals of all backgrounds and identities. We do not discriminate against applicants based on gender identity, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities. Furthermore, Finning is committed to collaborating with and providing reasonable accommodations /adjustments to individuals with disabilities. If you require an adjustment/accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform your recruiter.