Journeyperson Helper - Prince George - 7x7 Continuous Shift
Number of Openings:1
Position Overview:We take pride in the quality of our work and provide a SAFE WORK ENVIRONMENT for our people. Safety is not just a culture; it is a founding principle of our business. From trucks with 100,000 running hours to trucks that can run themselves, there is endless opportunities to carve out your future with Finning.
This position is for our Prince George facility on a 7x7 shift and is responsible for a variety of limited skilled duties in a service-oriented environment.
o $26.80 - 30.81 / hour
o Paid vacation, sick and flex time
o Employee Share Purchase Plan Options
o RRSP Options
o Overtime & double time hours available
o Continuous shift
o Industry leading Benefits and Pension
o Boot Allowance
- General clean up of shop, yard and machines
- Minor repairs and assisting Journeyperson Mechanics as required
- Aid Mechanics with the removal and installation of guards and steaming
- Fueling machines
- Minor service of machines (oil changes etc.)
- Attachment maintenance
- General service shop duties
- Completion of Grade 12
- Mechanically inclined, self-starter ability to follow directions, work well within a team environment and contribute positively to a team environment
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work successfully under minimal supervision
- Past experience in a maintenance shop environment, mechanical experience, and Forklift certification would be considered assets
- This position is located at our Prince George Facility on a 7x7 continuous shift
- Hourly rate: $26.80 - $30.81 / hour (plus allowances and premiums)
- A condition of employment is the ability to be fit tested and the ability to wear a respirator
Union Membership: You are required to become a member of the Union associated with this position. This will be effective immediately and will result in union dues being deducted from your pay. The terms and conditions of your employment will be governed by the collective agreement.
At Finning, we prioritize creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we actively encourage all individuals to express themselves and achieve their full potential. As a company, we continuously strive to enhance our outreach to individuals of all backgrounds and identities. We do not discriminate against applicants based on gender identity, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities. Furthermore, Finning is committed to collaborating with and providing reasonable accommodations /adjustments to individuals with disabilities. If you require an adjustment/accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform your recruiter.