Reliability Engineer (Artemis)
Number of Openings:1
Position Overview:The Site Reliability Engineer for Finning Canada will be based at selected site and be responsible for providing technical support and data analysis on mining equipment of Finning to assist in the equipment management process.
Primary focus will be on proactive diagnostic management along with managing Mining Machine product reliability and performance. The objective is to improve customer satisfaction by working with the customer’s reliability and maintenance personnel, Finning’s branch operations, Mining Equipment Management team, Caterpillar (District and Product Groups).
For this position, the expected salary range is between $90,000 - $100,000 annually. This range reflects our commitment to providing competitive compensation that aligns with industry standards and your qualifications.
Please note that the actual salary offer will be based on a candidate’s experience, qualifications, and fit for the role. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and equitable work environment, and this salary range is designed to support that commitment.
Major Job Function
With a developed, implemented, and managed strategic Mining account Plan, the key responsibilities will be centric to 4 key areas, technical resource, Support and monitor product reliability and performance, Relationship, Process improvements
- Investigation of and reporting on equipment failures including field research and data collection within Finning and Caterpillar
- Analyze components' performance: life, durability/reliability, history
- Manage and track all service letters and updates for equipment on site
- Provide technical support to drive improvement projects
- Identify, report and support investigation, and root cause analysis on equipment failures including field research and data collection
- Technical support for maintenance personnel and technical problem solutions as needed
Product Reliability and Performance
- Analyze and report equipment performance in terms of availability and other specific KPI’s
- Periodical (monthly, quarterly, or as required) fleet reports on various technical and operational indicators
- Support mining equipment condition monitoring: downloading and analyzing electronic information
- Monitoring and developing trend information on payload management practices
- Data collection and reporting on component performance
- Ability to manage multiple priorities to effectively manage risk to the business
- Management of Caterpillar technical information and product improvement information
- Leadership, capable to develop motivation and vision
- Support and interact with customer network along with technical services team
- Team working abilities to develop effective collaboration with peers and consistency across all sites
- Support and provide requested data to aid in process improvement
- Supply data and support Caterpillar requests, test equipment and product improvement initiatives
Education & Experience
- Post-secondary Education in Mechanical, Mining or Material Engineering
- Professional registration and/or membership in committees and/or technical societies
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in an industrial environment such as mining, oil and gas applicants is desired
- Experience with CAT mining equipment, including Large Mining Machine, would be an asset
- Experience on CAT instruments: SIS2.0, Dealer Connect, TMIWEB, ET and VIMS will be an asset
- Understand equipment design, engineering drawings, design standards and specifications
- Mechanical aptitudes, including understanding of Mining Machine components (diesel engines, hydraulic systems, powertrain, pumps, cylinders, structures etc.)
- Understanding on condition monitoring including SOS
- Proficiency in MS Office packages
- Knowledge of manufacturing/fabrication methodologies
- Accuracy in work and strong attention to details
- Time management, prioritization, and independent problem-solving skills
At Finning, we prioritize creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we actively encourage all individuals to express themselves and achieve their full potential. As a company, we continuously strive to enhance our outreach to individuals of all backgrounds and identities. We do not discriminate against applicants based on gender identity, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities. Furthermore, Finning is committed to collaborating with and providing reasonable accommodations /adjustments to individuals with disabilities. If you require an adjustment/accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform your recruiter.