Apprentice Heavy Duty Mechanic - Prince George - The Cat Rental Store - 5x2 Shift
Number of Openings:1
Position Overview:Join the Finning Canada family, part of the world's largest Caterpillar dealer. The CAT Rental Store Prince George is currently looking for a dedicated Apprentice Heavy Duty Mechanic who will be responsible for assisting the Heavy Equipment Technicians with troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of a variety of Caterpillar products.
This position will be based on a Monday to Friday, 5x2 rotation in our Prince George CAT Rental Store branch. If you are a safety conscious team plater, self-motivated, detail-oriented and possess a valid driver's license, then you are exactly who we are looking for!
Industry leading compensation plan
o Paid breaks
o $27.57 - 34.47 / hr (plus allowances)
o Paid vacation and sick
o Employee Share Purchase Plan Options
o RRSP Options
o Overtime & double time hours available
o Industry leading Benefits and Pension
o Boot Allowance
o Tool Allowance
o PPE provided
o Paid schooling
- Performs and completes SMF inspections to rental equipment in ship & yard
- Notifies parts personnel required to make repairs or perform servicing
- Notifies shop personnel and service writer on damaged or missing equipment immediately, noting customer damages
- Responsible for general housekeeping duties in the shop and yard
- Follows instructions from journeypersons as to procedures & repair methods
- Follow all safe work & shop policies while performing work in ship & yard
- Completes paperwork properly for branch service writer, receives & keeps track of given work orders for equipment being repaired
- Ensures work orders are given to parts when parts are ordered
- Installs parts as requested by shop foreman, service writer, service manager under supervision of a journeyperson
- Heavy Duty Mechanic Apprentice Certification, or ITA registered hours.
- Willing to continue work towards Interprovincial Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) Certification
- Safety conscious team player with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with a high attention to detail
- Completion of Finning S-Levels, Failure Analysis, Machine Electronic Controls, or Tier 4 training would be considered an asset
- Completion of Caterpillar product courses would be considered an asset
- Hourly rate: $27.57 - 34.47 / hour (plus allowances, premiums)
- This position is located at our Prince George branch on a 5x2 shift
- All shift changes will be in accordance with the collective agreement
- A condition of employment is the ability to be fit tested and the ability to wear a respirator
Union Membership: You are required to become a member of the Union associated with this position. This will be effective immediately and will result in union dues being deducted from your pay. The terms and conditions of your employment will be governed by the collective agreement.
At Finning, we prioritize creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we actively encourage all individuals to express themselves and achieve their full potential. As a company, we continuously strive to enhance our outreach to individuals of all backgrounds and identities. We do not discriminate against applicants based on gender identity, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities. Furthermore, Finning is committed to collaborating with and providing reasonable accommodations /adjustments to individuals with disabilities. If you require an adjustment/accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform your recruiter.