Number of Openings:1
Position Overview:Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Look no further! We are thrilled to announce an exciting opportunity for a Technical Trainer to join our dynamic team. At Finning we believe in nurturing talent and fostering professional growth. Finning not only offers you a wealth of opportunities but also ensures stability and resilience through our diverse portfolio of industries.
As the world’s largest Caterpillar dealer, we are renowned for our commitment to excellence and innovation. With a strong presence in Western Canada, we have a rich legacy of 90 years, solidifying our position as a trusted industry leader. Our dedication to continuous improvement and adaptability has been the driving force behind our sustained success.
This position will provide you the opportunity to pass on the skills and experience you have gained to the current and future generations. If you are interested please apply today!
- Locate, assemble and provide “hands on” training material, training aids and technical documents for in-class. Develop agendas, objectives, exams, course manuals and presentation material and deliver effective training using a variety of methods
- Locate, assemble and provide engines, hand tools, diagnostic tooling and shop space for required “hands on” application of in-class theory. Coordinate movement of engines and training aids, confirm classroom space at other branches, and provide cost quotes for training to be delivered to customers
- Complete the necessary paperwork for data entry in the training database
- Ability to use adult learning techniques
- Time management, prioritization, and independent problem solving
- Solid organizational and customer service skills
- Concise clear written and verbal communications that adapts to specific audiences
- Ensure presentation of information is professional, timely and accurate
- Ability to continue to learn and develop
- Excellent public speaking and interpersonal skills
- Self motivated
- Ability to influence
- 5 to 10 years work experience in the area of training delivery
- In depth knowledge of systems and operation of Caterpillar engines and equipment
- Knowledge of products, attachments, accessories and modifications for various equipment
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and internal systems
At Finning, we prioritize creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we actively encourage all individuals to express themselves and achieve their full potential. As a company, we continuously strive to enhance our outreach to individuals of all backgrounds and identities. We do not discriminate against applicants based on gender identity, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities. Furthermore, Finning is committed to collaborating with and providing reasonable accommodations /adjustments to individuals with disabilities. If you require an adjustment/accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform your recruiter.