Heavy Duty Mechanic Field (Lethbridge 5x2)
Number of Openings:1
Position Overview:As the world's largest Caterpillar dealer, we are looking for the BEST Field Heavy Duty Mechanic who are ready to build a long-term career with Finning. We set you up with DEALER GRADE TRAINING and all the resources you need to troubleshoot, maintain, and repair a variety of Caterpillar equipment.
• Industry leading total compensation plan
• Compensation Perks
o $52.49 - $54.42 / hour
o Paid breaks
o Paid vacation, sick and flex time
o Employee Share Purchase Plan Options
o RRSP Options
o Overtime & double time hours available
• Wellness Perks
o Industry leading Benefits and Pension
o Boot Allowance
o PPE provided
We take pride in the quality of our work and provide a SAFE WORK ENVIRONMENT for our people. Safety is not just a culture; it is a founding principal of our business. From trucks with 100,000 running hours to trucks that can run themselves, there is endless opportunity to carve out your future with Finning.
We are IMMEDIATELY hiring a field technician based in our Lethbridge facility. These are FULL-TIME PERMANENT positions on a Monday to Friday shift.
- Trouble shooting equipment and perform equipment repairs
- Interface with customers, products and sales support
- Working with the Supervisor on various tasks
- Providing support with reference to on-site safety requirements
- Maintain Finning Customer Service Commitment
- Various related duties as required
- Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician Certification
- Minimum 1 year experience as a Heavy Duty Technician
- Dedication to safety
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal
- Understanding of the Caterpillar product line will be considered an asset
- Engine and/or component rebuilding experience would be considered an asset
- Transmission or Hydraulic testing would be considered an asset
- Experience with Lawson, SIS (Service Information System) and warranty systems considered assets
- This position is based out of our Finning Lethbridge branch based on a Monday - Friday, 5x2 shift rotation
- Hourly rate: $52.49 - $54.42 / hour (plus allowances, premiums)
A condition of employment is the ability to be fit tested and the ability to wear a respirator
Union Membership: You are required to become a member of the Union associated with this position. This will be effective immediately and will result in union dues being deducted from your pay. The terms and conditions of your employment will be governed by the collective agreement.
At Finning, we prioritize creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we actively encourage all individuals to express themselves and achieve their full potential. As a company, we continuously strive to enhance our outreach to individuals of all backgrounds and identities. We do not discriminate against applicants based on gender identity, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities. Furthermore, Finning is committed to collaborating with and providing reasonable accommodations /adjustments to individuals with disabilities. If you require an adjustment/accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform your recruiter.