Number of Openings:1
Position Overview:Responsible for controlling corporate and branch parts inventory levels and mix, and managing the tactical activities of parts distribution for Finning's parts operations through collaboration with designated parts warehouses, Marketing, commercial Procurement and Transportation. This plays a crucial role in managing and optimizing inventory levels to ensure product availability while minimizing excess inventory costs, and is responsible for maintaining accurate inventory records, analyzing data, and making recommendations to support efficient inventory management.
- Monitor and control corporate and branch parts inventory levels and mix to support finning operations according to corporate parts inventory strategies, and collaborate with the branches, warehouses and the Marketing, Procurement and Transportation departments on calculating and maintaining optimum parts inventory levels and mix that meets or exceeds corporate parts inventory strategies, specifically order fill rates and inventory turns, and other inventory performance business measures.
- Identify slow-moving and obsolete inventory and propose action plans and tactically execute required inventory moves to right size Finning inventory
Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Maintain master data tables in Lawson and PIC, ensure system output is valid and reliable, and initiate recording and reporting process improvements related to parts inventory data, inventory performance measures and parts inventory level reporting within Lawson's Parts Management Toolboxes
- Analyze inventory data, trend and performance metrics to identify opportunities for improvement, generate reports to communicate inventory status and performance to stakeholders
- Establish regular update meetings with stakeholders to monitor performance, results and provide timely feedback; Identify performance drivers and limitations. Ensure compliance with inventory control policies, procedures
- Collaborate closely with regional teams to understand market/region-specific requirements and constraints.. Work with cross-functional teams, including sales, marketing, production, and peers to align inventory plans with business goals.
- Proactively identify process improvements and efficiency enhancements in inventory planning and execution. Implement best practices to enhance efficiency and accuracy. Participate in supply chain optimization initiatives. Implement inventory optimization techniques to minimize carrying costs and improve turnover rates.
- Active role in department projects that result in improved customer service levels and/or reduced operational costs.
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytic, quantitative and decision making skills and attentive to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to implement system and process changes
- Strong customer service skills and ability to work within a team
- Knowledge of supply chain best practices
- Inventory planning and optimization
- Desire to learn and adapt to new challenges
- Maintain the optimum corporate and branch parts inventory levels and mix for the assigned product portfolio that meets or exceeds corporate inventory strategies
- Effective management of the tactical activities of parts distribution that delivers optimum parts inventory levels and mix and minimizes inventory holding costs and accumulation of obsolete/excess inventory for assigned product portfolio
- Effective working relationships with the branches and the Marketing, Procurement, Warehousing, Supply Chain and Transportation departments
- Accurate, relevant and timely distribution of requested reports
- Ensure valid and reliable Lawson and PIC data output
- Identification, reporting, and disposition of excess inventory
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent experience in a related field
- 0-1 years of Experience in service or parts Cat product knowledge; Experience in Finning Parts Department roles, including warehouse, front counter and inventory control will be of significant value or comparable industry knowledge
- 0-1 years of related working experience in business analysis, forecasting, inventory and asset management, logistics or procurement
- Positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and passion
- APICS, ISM, PMAC certifications would be an asset: CPIM, CSCP, CPM, CPP, Other
- Experience with Lawson system/MRP is an asset
At Finning, we prioritize creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we actively encourage all individuals to express themselves and achieve their full potential. As a company, we continuously strive to enhance our outreach to individuals of all backgrounds and identities. We do not discriminate against applicants based on gender identity, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities. Furthermore, Finning is committed to collaborating with and providing reasonable accommodations /adjustments to individuals with disabilities. If you require an adjustment/accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform your recruiter.