Strategic Buyer III
Number of Openings:1
Position Overview:Responsible for procuring goods/services and sourcing and expediting duties in a fast-paced environment. Manage end-to-end Procurement functions (including sourcing, buying, PO management, expediting) within the assigned category/region to improve lead times and reduce costs/down-time for Finning and its customers through effective use of ERP systems, processes, and people.
We are looking for a candidate with a can-do attitude and experience in a fast paced environment. We can offer a hybrid work environment for this opportunity. If you are interested please apply today!
For this position, the expected salary range is between $68,000 - $78,000 annually. This range reflects our commitment to providing competitive compensation that aligns with industry standards and your qualifications.
Please note that the actual salary offer will be based on a candidate’s experience, qualifications, and fit for the role. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and equitable work environment, and this salary range is designed to support that commitment.
- Procure goods/services from preferred suppliers to fulfill customer demand as well as business needs (Indirect and Direct spend)
- Expedite emergency orders to achieve the highest reasonable level of service appropriate to the need, while considering vendor cut-off times, transportation alternatives, in-transit times, freight rates and vendor policies
- Follow-up with internal customers and vendors regarding delays, errors, pricing, or quality issues.
- Support branches and departments to improve knowledge, understanding of processes and procedures in alignment with Procurement policies.
- Enhance overall supply chain effectiveness
- Collaborate with Procurement sub-teams, and cross-functional groups within the company to identify and mitigate issues proactively, performance drivers and limitations, while developing solutions and continuously improving the performance of supply chain
- Provide back-up support for other team members during vacation, business travel, or high-volume periods
- Responsible for consistent adherence to Procurement processes throughout
- Represent the company in a professional and ethical manner and maintain effective relationships with internal departments, staff, and our vendors, while maintaining proper confidentiality
- Some travel may be required, dependent on role
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, analytical skills, and the ability to set priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent Team player and will possess great organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic, both in-person and virtually
- Customer Focus driven.
- Problem solving – Identifying problems and providing solutions to them.
- Attention to Detail – Working in a conscientious, consistent, and thorough manner.
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and provide the necessary support.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams)
- Experience with various ERP systems, such as CODA/DBS, Infor, Rentalman, Sage and SAP Ariba are an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of Buying and Expediting activities in end-to-end supply chain management
- Experience with the heavy equipment, automotive, mining, parts, or power systems industry would be preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years buying experience
- Experience of Supplier Performance Management
- SCM or equivalent degree/diploma in procurement/supply chain/project management
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of broad or deep experiences in end-to-end supply chain management within heavy equipment, automotive, utilities, mining, parts or retail industry would be preferred.
- Knowledge and awareness of functional interdependencies
- Strong cost benefit and business analysis abilities
- Proficient in MS Office applications, advanced level in excel and ability to learn internal systems.
- Understands and adheres to Finning policies and procedures, including safety.
Education & Experience:
- SCMP designation or diploma, Business or equivalent experience in a related field
- Preferred 5 years of procurement experience with a focus on strategic buying.
- Experience with spend analytics tools and/or e-procurement
- Positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach, able to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and passion.
- Experience with Ariba/Sage/DBS/Lawson system/MRP or equivalent ERP system
At Finning, we prioritize creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we actively encourage all individuals to express themselves and achieve their full potential. As a company, we continuously strive to enhance our outreach to individuals of all backgrounds and identities. We do not discriminate against applicants based on gender identity, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities. Furthermore, Finning is committed to collaborating with and providing reasonable accommodations /adjustments to individuals with disabilities. If you require an adjustment/accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform your recruiter.