Heavy Duty Mechanic - Resident Technician - Revelstoke
Number of Openings:1
Position Overview:Join the Finning Canada family, part of the world’s largest Caterpillar dealer. We are currently looking for a Resident Heavy Duty Mechanic who will be responsible for servicing and maintaining a very wide range of Caterpillar and general line equipment in Revelstoke.
If you are a safety conscious team player, self-motivated, autonomous, detail-oriented and possess your Journeyperson Heavy Duty Equipment Technician Certification then you are exactly who we are looking for!
Industry leading compensation plan
o Paid breaks
o $54.00 / hr
o Paid vacation, sick and flex time
o Employee Share Purchase Plan Options
o RRSP Options
o Overtime & double time hours available
o Industry leading Benefits and Pension
o Boot Allowance
o Tool Allowance
o PPE provided
- Troubleshooting and repairing Caterpillar and other mechanical equipment in a service oriented environment
- Travel within a radius of Revelstoke to service various customers
- Provide a strong safety mindset to all work
- Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician certification
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Completion, or in the process of completing all Finning S- level courses
- Self-motivated and computer literate
- Experience with Costwatcher, DBS, SIS and Warranty Systems as well as a good understanding of Finning systems, would all be assets
- Successful candidate will need to be customer orientated and motivated to meet the customer's expectations
- Ability to work safely with minimal supervision
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience repairing CAT equipment
- This position will work a Monday to Friday day shift
- Shift work may be required in the future
- A recent driver’s abstract is required
- Hour and shift schedules may be subject to change to meet Finning or customer requirements, and will be made in accordance with the Collective Agreement
- Please be advised, the successful candidate for this position will reside in Revelstoke.
Union Membership: You are required to become a member of the Union associated with this position. This will be effective immediately and will result in union dues being deducted from your pay. The terms and conditions of your employment will be governed by the collective agreement.
At Finning, we prioritize creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we actively encourage all individuals to express themselves and achieve their full potential. As a company, we continuously strive to enhance our outreach to individuals of all backgrounds and identities. We do not discriminate against applicants based on gender identity, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities. Furthermore, Finning is committed to collaborating with and providing reasonable accommodations /adjustments to individuals with disabilities. If you require an adjustment/accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform your recruiter.