Company:Finning International Inc.
Number of Openings:1
Position Overview:Are you ready to take your finance career to the next level? Look no further! We are thrilled to announce an exciting opportunity for a Financial Analyst to join our dynamic team. At Finning we believe in nurturing talent and fostering professional growth. Finning not only offers you a wealth of opportunities within the finance domain but also ensures stability and resilience through our diverse portfolio of industries.
As the world’s largest Caterpillar dealer, we are renowned for our commitment to excellence and innovation. With a strong presence in Western Canada, we have a rich legacy of 90 years, solidifying our position as a trusted industry leader. Our dedication to continuous improvement and adaptability has been the driving force behind our sustained success.
Here at Finning we take pride in our unique position within the finance landscape. Our organizational size is not just a number; it's the gateway to a world of opportunity. Whether you're passionate about financial analysis, strategic planning, or exploring new avenues within finance, our diverse operations will provide you with the breadth of experience you're looking for.
For this position, the expected salary range is between $68,000 - $75,000 annually. This range reflects our commitment to providing competitive compensation that aligns with industry standards and your qualifications.
Please note that the actual salary offer will be based on a candidate’s experience, qualifications, and fit for the role. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and equitable work environment, and this salary range is designed to support that commitment.
Prepares reports and/or supports the preparation of analysis accurately and on a timely basis.
- Prepares and/or supports team members with financial models to support various requests, such as capital investments, revenue models, profit margin analysis, and the impact of regulatory changes.
- Assists/supports in preparation of ad hoc financial analysis.
- Performs research as requested.
- Performs and/or supports peer checks for accuracy and completeness of reports and presentations
Prepares and supports the completion of monthly/quarterly reporting packages and presentations for the leadership team as well as internal and external customers:
- Prepares and/supports variance analysis on the company’s financial and commercial results and commentary
- Prepares and/supports the preparation of reports and presentations for internal and external customers
- Must be an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build positive relationships
- Excellent time management skills: prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting aggressive deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates
- Strong aptitude for systems, such as Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables; experience in SAP, Tableau, report development software a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects
- Must possess a high standard of expectations in quality output
- Must be eager to develop and grow as a highly motivated team player
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelors’ degree in Finance or related degree; working towards a professional designation (CPA, MBA); solid understanding of IFRS
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Strong financial, reporting and analytical skills. Eye for detail while retaining the larger view.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
At Finning, we prioritize creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we actively encourage all individuals to express themselves and achieve their full potential. As a company, we continuously strive to enhance our outreach to individuals of all backgrounds and identities. We do not discriminate against applicants based on gender identity, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities. Furthermore, Finning is committed to collaborating with and providing reasonable accommodations /adjustments to individuals with disabilities. If you require an adjustment/accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform your recruiter.