Crankshaft Salvage Technician - Level 5
Company:O.E.M. Remanufacturing Company Inc.
Number of Openings:1
Position Overview:The Crankshaft Salvage Technician is responsible for inspecting, identifying needed scope of repairs and remanufacturing industrial application engine crankshafts and camshafts.
- Undercutting and manual polishing of all CAT crankshafts and camshafts.
- Undercutting, manual polishing and finish grinding of yokes, freewheel races and other Powertrain Shafts.
- Undercutting of NGD crankshafts.
- Straightening process of all crankshafts, including peening, and pressing.
- Performing preventative maintenance activities on all machines as required.
- Shot peening preparation of all types of parts. Includes taping.
- Installation of gears, counterweights, and hubs.
- Polishing main & rod journals, gear-fits, seal surfaces & thrust faces.
- Grinding Lobes and polishing mains on camshafts.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience grinding crankshafts.
- Experience operating cylindrical grinding equipment is a must.
- Experience in crankshaft profiling.
- Experience in crankshaft balancing and calibrating balancing equipment would be an asset.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to lift and handle material weighing up to 40 pounds.
- A condition of employment is the ability to be fit tested and the ability to wear a respirator.
- Candidate must demonstrate the ability to work in a safe manner in all aspects of the organizations policies and procedures.
- This posting is for a static day shift; Monday-Friday, 8 hours per day.
- Applicants must apply with either an updated Professional Profile on Workday or attached resume to be considered.
- Please note that any future shift changes that may occur will be made in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Collective Agreement.
- Hourly Rate: $38.42 - $49.80 / Hour.
Union Membership: You are required to become a member of the Union associated with this position. This will be effective immediately and will result in union dues being deducted from your pay. The terms and conditions of your employment will be governed by the collective agreement.
COMPANY: OEM REMANUFACTURING
At Finning, we prioritize creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we actively encourage all individuals to express themselves and achieve their full potential. As a company, we continuously strive to enhance our outreach to individuals of all backgrounds and identities. We do not discriminate against applicants based on gender identity, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities. Furthermore, Finning is committed to collaborating with and providing reasonable accommodations /adjustments to individuals with disabilities. If you require an adjustment/accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform your recruiter.