Supply Planner II
Number of Openings:1
Position Overview:Reporting to the Parts Supply Planning Manager, the Parts Supply Planner II is accountable to the Supply Planning and Execution of Caterpillar New & Remanufactured parts supporting all industries to meet forecasted and unplanned customer demand. The scope of the planning is on Long Lead Time (90 days) parts planning for future demand, where standard stock lead times and parts constraints can impact supply. The Parts Supply Planner II uses the MRP and other Forecasting tools to support CPRO Planning and Reporting to ensure accurate stocking levels. The Supply Planner II has an integral role in creating and enhancing business processes. In addition the Supply Planner II will support and lead projects to improve Parts Supply. A close relationship with Demand planning and Caterpillar is a must to incorporate input and feedback from all stakeholders.
This is a dynamic team and will be the perfect opportunity to grow your career and make an impact. This role will offer a Hybrid Work Environment. If you are interested please apply today!
- MRP Analysis and CPRO Planning, Budgeting and Execution, including Supply Risk Analysis, CPRO Cancellation, PEM Line Creation. Weekly spend tracking measuring forecast accuracy.
- Demand S&OP Planning – Capturing forecast from historic and forecasted demand, and preparing and executing on supply plan within the forecasted purchase and inventory plan. Purchase plan and constraints then need to be captured and communicated to key stakeholders through the integrated reconciliation planning process.
- Active role in department projects that result in improved customer service levels and/or reduced operational costs.
- Foster a work environment which successfully contributes to the achievement of the business goals and objectives for Finning (Canada), implementation and effective change management Maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders, customer facing branches and inter-departmental personnel.
- Establish regular update meetings with stakeholders to monitor performance, results and provide timely feedback; Identify performance drivers and limitations.
- Connects all aspects of supply chain to continuously improve processes
- Ability to lead and influence others
- Strong understanding of and fluency in Supply Chain and forecasting Systems
- Strong analytical capabilities to analyze and synthesize information to understand issues, identify options, and support sound decision making
- Adopts and develops new processes and reporting tools
- Understands complex business processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, analytical skills and the ability to set priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Strong problem solving capabilities to identify problems and the solutions to them
- Excellent team player with strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- High level customer service focus
- Attention to detail, conscientious, consistent and thorough
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and provide necessary support to direct reports and stakeholders
- Going the extra mile to get the job done
- Understanding of forecasting, demand Planning & inventory management
- Proficient in MS Office applications, advanced level in excel and internal systems
- Excellent understanding of procurement concepts and parameters
- Understands and adheres to Finning policies and procedures, including safety.
- Understanding of Corporate Governance issues (Bill 198) and internal controls
- Excellent understanding of CAT product, Industries
- Understands and adheres to Finning policies and procedures, including safety
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of broad or deep experiences in end-to-end supply chain management within heavy equipment, automotive, utilities, mining, parts or retail industry would be preferred;
- Knowledge in Sales & Operations Planning (forecasting), inventory management and procurement operations is required to optimize parts supply chain
- Experience or exposure to Transportation and Logistics, Warehousing and Distribution, Contracts Management, Sourcing and Category Management, Master Data Management would be an asset
Education & Experience:
- Strong knowledge of Finning Supply Planning tools and strategies.
- Minimum 3 years of Experience in supply chain; Experience in Finning Parts Department roles, including warehouse, front counter and inventory control will be of significant value or comparable industry knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, Business or equivalent experience in a related field is required
- Positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and passion
- APICS, ISM, PMAC certifications would be an asset: CPIM, CSCP, CPM, CPP, Other
- Experience with Lawson system/MRP is required
At Finning, we prioritize creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we actively encourage all individuals to express themselves and achieve their full potential. As a company, we continuously strive to enhance our outreach to individuals of all backgrounds and identities. We do not discriminate against applicants based on gender identity, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities. Furthermore, Finning is committed to collaborating with and providing reasonable accommodations /adjustments to individuals with disabilities. If you require an adjustment/accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform your recruiter.