Heavy Duty Mechanic - Power Systems - Surrey - 5x2 Shift
Number of Openings:1
Position Overview:Join the Finning Canada family, part of the world's largest Caterpillar dealer, and unleash our talent as a Heavy Duty Mechanic. We are seeking individuals who possess exceptional skills and a passion for troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing a diverse range of Caterpillar power systems products.
This role operates on a Monday to Friday (5x2) shift rotation, offering you the perfect work-life balance. If you a safety-conscious team player with a self-driver, detailed oriented approach and hold a Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician certification, then you are the talent we're eager to welcome!
At our Surrey locations, we are currently providing an $800 per month attraction and retention incentive exclusively for this role. This temporary incentive is our commitment to staying competitive in a high-demand market. You'll receive this incentive during the second pay period of each month after completing one month of employment. When you advance in our selection process, our recruiter will be happy to provide more details about this incentive.
What else makes us a great place to work for (other than just the people and equipment)?
Our Industry leading compensation plan!
o Paid breaks
o $49.52 / hr
o Paid vacation, sick and flex time
o Employee Share Purchase Plan Options
o RRSP Options
o Overtime & double time hours available
o Industry leading Benefits and Pension
o Boot Allowance
o Tool Allowance
o PPE provided
- Troubleshoot and repair Caterpillar general line equipment
- Perform a wide variety of equipment repair diagnostics
- Utilize Caterpillar SIS and ET daily
- Complete technical documentation (service reports, warranty, crossover notes)
- Interact with customers, sales support, and the rest of the Finning team
- Work with the Service Supervisor and Leadhand on various tasks as required
- Interprovincial Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) Certification
- Safety conscious team player with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with a high attention to detail
- Completion of Finning S-Levels, Failure Analysis, Machine Electronic Controls, or Tier 4 training would be considered an asset
- Previous repair and troubleshooting experience with Caterpillar general line products would be considered an asset
- Engine and other component rebuilding experience would be considered an asset
- Transmission or hydraulic testing would be considered as asset
Our Surrey locations are currently offering an $800 per month attraction and retention incentive for this role. This incentive is being applied on a temporary basis to keep us market competitive with this high demand position. The incentive will be paid out on the second pay period of each month after 1 month employment. Please discuss this incentive with your recruiter if you are selected to move forward in this process.
- This position is located in our Surrey branch on a 5x2 shift rotation
- Hourly rate: $49.52 / hr, with potential overtime availability
- A condition of employment is the ability to be fit tested and the ability to wear a respirator
- Any future shift changes that may occur will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the collective agreement
- Candidate selection will be in compliance with the terms of the current collective agreement
- Union Membership: You are required to become a member of the Union associated with this position. This will be effective immediately and will result in union dues being deducted from your pay. The terms and conditions of your employment will be governed by the collective agreement.
At Finning, we prioritize creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we actively encourage all individuals to express themselves and achieve their full potential. As a company, we continuously strive to enhance our outreach to individuals of all backgrounds and identities. We do not discriminate against applicants based on gender identity, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities. Furthermore, Finning is committed to collaborating with and providing reasonable accommodations /adjustments to individuals with disabilities. If you require an adjustment/accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform your recruiter.