Labourer (Fort McKay, 14x14)
Number of Openings:2
Position Overview:Join the Finning Canada family, part of the world’s largest Caterpillar dealer.
We are currently recruiting for a Labourer position in Fort McKay. This position
is responsible for a variety of limited skilled duties in a service-oriented
environment. If you are mechanically inclined this might be the perfect job for
you. Apply today!
Major Job Functions:
- Moving equipment in and out of the shop
- Aid mechanics with the removal and installation of guards
- Oil sampling, lube, and oil changes
- Washing and detailing of equipment
- General clean-up of shop, yard, and machines
- Other General Duties as required
- Completion of grade 12 and be mechanically inclined
- Self-starter able to follow directions, work well with others and has the motivation necessary to contribute positively to a team environment
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work under minimal supervision
- This shop position is on a 14x14 shift rotation based out of our Fort McKay facility
- Candidate selection will be in compliance with the terms of the current Collective Agreement
- Please note that any future shift changes that may occur will be made in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Collective Agreement
- A condition of employment is the ability to be fit tested and the ability to wear a respirator
- Hourly Rate: $32.90 - $36.76
Union Membership: You are required to become a member of the Union associated with this position. This will be effective immediately and will result in union dues being deducted from your pay. The terms and conditions of your employment will be governed by the collective agreement.
At Finning, we prioritize creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we actively encourage all individuals to express themselves and achieve their full potential. As a company, we continuously strive to enhance our outreach to individuals of all backgrounds and identities. We do not discriminate against applicants based on gender identity, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities. Furthermore, Finning is committed to collaborating with and providing reasonable accommodations /adjustments to individuals with disabilities. If you require an adjustment/accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform your recruiter.