Heavy Duty Mechanic - Field - CNRL - 7x7 Continuous Shift
Number of Openings:7
Position Overview:As the world's largest Caterpillar dealer, we are looking for the BEST Heavy Duty Mechanics who are ready to build a long-term career with Finning. We set you up with DEALER GRADE TRAINING and support to troubleshoot, maintain and repair a variety of Caterpillar open pit mining equipment within Alberta's oil sands.
• Industry leading total compensation plan:
• Compensation Perks
o Hourly rate: $68.19 to $70.70 / hour
o Hourly premiums available: continuous shift, night shift, first aid
o Paid breaks
o Paid vacation, sick and flex time
o Employee Share Purchase Plan Options
o RRSP Options
o Overtime & double time hours available
• Wellness Perks
o Continuous shift; extra 15 scheduled weeks off per year
o Industry leading Benefits and Pension
o Boot & Tool Allowance
o PPE provided
• Accommodation Perks
o Non-Wood Buffalo residents: Premium Camp provided and
Regional Wage Allowance paid, Customer Flights provided from
Edmonton and Calgary.
o Local Wood Buffalo residents: Monthly location allowance
We take pride in the quality of our work and provide a SAFE WORK environment for our people. Safety is not just a culture; it is a founding principle of our business. From trucks with 100,000 running hours to trucks that can run themselves, there is endless opportunities to carve out your future with Finning.
We are looking to IMMEDIATELY hire field technicians to support shop and field work based out of CNRL. This is a FULL-TIME PERMANENT position on a 7x7 12-hour continuous day/night shift rotation.
- Safety conscious team player with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with a high attention to detail
- Troubleshoot and repair Caterpillar equipment
- Perform field diagnosis and field running repairs
- Utilize Caterpillar SIS and ET daily
- Complete technical documentation (service reports, warranty, crossover notes)
- Interact with customers, sales support, and the rest of the Finning team
- Work with the Service Supervisor and Leadhand on various tasks as required
- Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) Certification
- Valid driver’s license with a successful recent drivers abstract
- Strong field troubleshooting skills on the Caterpillar mining product line is required
- Completion of Finning S-Levels, Failure Analysis, Machine Electronic Controls, and Tier 4 training would be considered an asset
- 797 B&F, 793 C&D, 24 H&M, and D11R&T machine and engine experience would be considered an asset
- This position is located at the CNRL site on a 7x7 continuous shift rotation days/nights
- Camp and flights provided from Edmonton or Calgary, bussing available for local Wood Buffalo employees
- A condition of employment is the ability to be fit tested and the ability to wear a respirator
- Candidate selection will be in compliance with the terms of the current collective agreement
- Any future shift changes that may occur will be made in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Collective Agreement.
At Finning, we prioritize creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we actively encourage all individuals to express themselves and achieve their full potential. As a company, we continuously strive to enhance our outreach to individuals of all backgrounds and identities. We do not discriminate against applicants based on gender identity, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities. Furthermore, Finning is committed to collaborating with and providing reasonable accommodations /adjustments to individuals with disabilities. If you require an adjustment/accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform your recruiter.