Metal Coating Technician - Level 1
Company:O.E.M. Remanufacturing Company Inc.
Number of Openings:1
Position Overview:The Metal Coating Technician is responsible for the salvage of blocks, crankshafts, powertrain and engine components in compliance with required specifications, including scope of repairs, quoting, and remanufacturing.
- Prepping and setting up piece parts for application of Thermal Spray
- Operates Thermal Spray Equipment
- Use of measuring tools
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Competency in a machine, welding or grinding shop environment
- Previous welding experience would be an asset
- Experience operating forklift and overhead crane would be an asset
- Able to work indoors with noise, vibrations, and other hazards that are common to the job
- Able to work in uncomfortable or unusual positions at times
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Understands drawings, specifications & salvage instructions
- Ability to use precision measuring tools and a high attention to detail
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to lift and handle material weighing up to 40 pounds
- A condition of employment is the ability to be fit tested and the ability to wear a respirator
- Candidate must demonstrate the ability to work in a safe manner in all aspects of the organizations policies and procedures
- This posting is for a static weekend shift scheduled Friday, Saturday, Sunday; 12 hours per day
- Any future shift changes that may occur will be made in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Collective Agreement
- Applicants must apply with either an updated Professional Profile on Workday or attached resume to be considered
- Hourly Rate: $30.91 - $36.15 / Hour
Union Membership: You are required to become a member of the Union associated with this position. This will be effective immediately and will result in union dues being deducted from your pay. The terms and conditions of your employment will be governed by the collective agreement.
COMPANY: OEM REMANUFACTURING
At Finning, we prioritize creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we actively encourage all individuals to express themselves and achieve their full potential. As a company, we continuously strive to enhance our outreach to individuals of all backgrounds and identities. We do not discriminate against applicants based on gender identity, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities. Furthermore, Finning is committed to collaborating with and providing reasonable accommodations /adjustments to individuals with disabilities. If you require an adjustment/accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform your recruiter.