Number of Openings:1
Position Overview:Responsible for spending a minimum of 80% of time on the shop floor as it relates to safety, people, quality and quantity and the customer service commitment.
- Lead, demonstrate and champion a healthy and safe work environment ensuring that all safety standards, policies, procedures and compliance requirements are communicated, implemented and followed.
- Lead and participate in daily review and update meetings as well as scheduled pre-job, mid-job and post-job reviews
- Ensure compliance with NSC with proper inspections to trucks, track/identify required repairs and maintenance of the truck, ensure technicians are managing hours of service compliance and ensuring proper load securement and all supporting documentation
- Ensure pre-job meetings are held with technicians to review scope of work and binder accuracy with the team to ensure that any safety opportunities were identified through the repair process and leveraged as inputs to future work
- Ensure post-job review meetings are conducted and final inspections are complete
- On floor inspections include the controls identified on JHA’s are being used, the JHA is being updated along with the job progression and new risks are correct to the job progression and have the required controls identified
- Lead and participate in regular scheduled safety meetings
- Ensure that employees maintain the appropriate safety training required for their position
Quality - service right the first time
- Spends a minimum of 80% of time on the shop floor to ensure the agreed upon scope of work with the customer is accurately followed, while identifying key milestones where communication points (internal/external) need to happen.
- Ensuring that tooling, parts and technical issues are dealt with promptly so it doesn’t impact out customer service commitment
- Ensures quality daily time and service reports and cross over reports and field to shop transfers
- Repair process management
- Determine appropriate tooling for the jobs by working with the technicians and CAT SIS
- Understand the warranty process and determine warrantable failure and determine 3rd party requirements and availability if required
- Review inspection findings vs. scope of work/complaint that moves from shop to floor to the associated customer facing position with the required technical information to inform the customer
Quantity – manage productivity
- Ensure technicians and apprentices are aware of which bays/jobs they own for the day or shift and what, if any, critical issues are
- Manage and measure technician productivity
- Manage and determine manpower availability, allocate technicians as required and assign additional technicians if required
- Conduct mid-job review and verify if the job is at 60% and communicate the job changes to technician
- Provide insight and guidance by assigning work priorities to technicians where applicable by overseeing jobs for work quality and productivity
- The desire to lead and manage people
- Effective leadership / supervisory skills
- Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician certification
- Previous experience with Caterpillar equipment/engines (min 4 yrs)
- Strong business acumen
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.