Site Performance Manager - Northern BC
Number of Openings:1
Position Overview:Driven by a focused vision of safety, customer satisfaction, mine site productivity, and lowest cost per ton, this position is responsible for the shared success of Finning and our customers. With a focus on improving the performance of Caterpillar Mining Products. You will undertake and lead improvement projects to improve physical availability, productivity and reduce the overall cost per ton. This is a great opportunity to gain exposure to leading edge technology, apply technical and leadership skills in a fast paced and dynamic environment, and interface with key business units across our customers sites to deliver value.
This Site Performance Manager will report to the Director, Technology Solutions Operations.
Consider applying today and we look forward to chatting with you!
- Implementing technologies and initiatives to improve equipment and mine system performance, mine efficiency, and reducing cost per ton.
- Understands the internal and external customer demands and acts on that information.
- Champions the customer expectations and develops innovative solutions to meet them, using internal resources as required.
- Partner with Caterpillar’s representative to bring Finning, CAT and customer resources together to improve or sustain specific equipment performance KPI’s, i.e. physical availability, mechanical availability and productive performance of Cat mining equipment.
- Co-develop, implement, and manage product support and equipment management processes at site.
- Responsible for leading site performance improvements based on data trends.
- Responsible for aligning Finning and customer metrics, including coordination of product problem resolution at the mine site.
- This position acts as a consultant to customer operations as well as executive management, advising strategic direction for proper equipment selection, product problem management and equipment management activities.
- Establish and maintain high-level relationships with business decision makers and subject matter experts.
- Develop, implement and manage a relationship strategy for all functional areas.
- Accountable for representing Finning with customers. Through action, the SPM develops relationships based on trust, integrity and honesty.
- The SPM ensures that Finning and Caterpillar maintain positive relationships with the customer within the framework of the operating structure including operations, engineering, maintenance, executive, technology, procurement, etc. (as required).
Qualifications for the role:
- Minimum 4 years experience in a technical role with a focus on providing solutions for customers with Post-secondary education in fields such as: Mining Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years experience in mining or construction operations with an in depth knowledge of computers and mining/heavy civil construction technology.
- Confident acting as the key point of contact at customer sites and implementing / supporting new technologies such as: MineStar suite of products, CUBIQ, app developments, production studies and creation of real-time KPI dashboards.
- Minimum 2 years of on-site oil sands mining experience in a technical role.
- Comfortable with understanding and implementing new technologies.
- Proven problem solver who can deliver on all project phases without direct supervision.
- The successful candidate has a good understanding of best practices for mine equipment dispatching.
- Experienced with various office programs MS Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or persuade others inside and outside the business unit to take specific actions.
- Good human relations skills are required to develop a collaborative/cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the business unit.
- Must work with and set priorities for self and for the work team without day-to-day direct supervision.
- Direct Mine Operations experience on-site would be considered a strong asset
At Finning, we prioritize creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we actively encourage all individuals to express themselves and achieve their full potential. As a company, we continuously strive to enhance our outreach to individuals of all backgrounds and identities. We do not discriminate against applicants based on gender identity, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities. Furthermore, Finning is committed to collaborating with and providing reasonable accommodations /adjustments to individuals with disabilities. If you require an adjustment/accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform your recruiter.