Heavy Duty Mechanic - Prince George - 7x7 Continuous Shift
Number of Openings:0
Position Overview:As the worlds largest Caterpillar dealer, we are looking for the best Heavy Duty Mechanics who are ready to build a long-term career with Finning. We are looking for dedicated Heavy Duty Mechanics who will be responsible for the troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of a variety of Caterpillar general line products, based out of our Finning Prince George branch.
This position is based on a 7x7 continuous shift rotation. This position is perfect for you if you are looking to be home everyday and off for 7 days!
If you are a safety conscious team player, self-motivated, detail-oriented and possess your Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician certification, then you are exactly who we are looking for!
Industry leading total compensation plan: $130000 - $140000 / year
Hourly premiums available: continuous shift and first aid
Paid vacation, sick and flex time
Employee Share Purchase Plan Options
Benefits and Pension Options
Overtime & double time hours available
Industry leading Benefits and Pension
Tools and PPE provided
- Troubleshoot and repair Caterpillar equipment
- Perform field diagnosis and field running repairs
- Utilize Caterpillar SIS and ET daily
- Complete technical documentation (service reports, warranty, crossover notes)
- Interact with customers, sales support, and the rest of the Finning team
- Work with the Service Supervisor and Leadhand on various tasks as required
- Interprovincial Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) Certification (Red Seal)
- Valid driver’s license with a successful recent drivers abstract
- Proven field experience with a preference for experience in mining operations
- Safety conscious team player with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with a high attention to detail
- Previous Caterpillar mining product repair experience would be considered an asset
- This position works a 7x7 continuous shift rotation
- Must live in or around the Prince George area or willing to relocate
At Finning, we prioritize creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we actively encourage all individuals to express themselves and achieve their full potential. As a company, we continuously strive to enhance our outreach to individuals of all backgrounds and identities. We do not discriminate against applicants based on gender identity, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities. Furthermore, Finning is committed to collaborating with and providing reasonable accommodations /adjustments to individuals with disabilities. If you require an adjustment/accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform your recruiter.