Enterprise Architect Analyst (Intern)
Company:Finning International Inc.
Number of Openings:1
Position Overview:The Enterprise Architect Analyst (Intern) works within the EA team. This team is globally responsible for improving Finning’s architecture posture with regards to governance frameworks, best practices, architecture principles, business capability model, application architecture, data management, enterprise integration management, and infrastructure and security support. The primary focus of the EA team is to improve project autonomy by providing resources to assist decision makers to understand proper technology use without constant consultation.
The ideal candidate for this position is a technically minded business student, or business minded technology student or new graduate. Technical scripting, data structure and design, and visual design training are a plus. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are a must.
Design, create the Enterprise Architecture Repository
- Assist in the application rationalization work, supported by the creation of the Strategic Asset Database and the maintenance and updates of the relevant information.
- The EA repository (often called an enterprise continuum) is where all “good decisions”, standards, principles, current state, target state and other architectural information is housed.
- The enterprise architecture repository will house unstructured information that has complex relationships. It must be organized such that information is easily and quickly accessible to all stakeholders.
- The structure must accommodate the extensive use of metadata tagging to facilitate search and retrieval.
- Assist in the definition and execution of the use and maintenance processes.
- Manage and create the standard operating procedures for the Enterprise Architecture Repository
Rationalize and consolidate the existing repositories.
- Rationalize the various Enterprise Architecture document repositories that exist today.
- Consolidate and de-deduplicate the content in the repositories.
- Improve the overall functionality and usability of the Enterprise Architecture content repository (ies) and our public facing sharepoint / websites.
Support of the Technology and Architecture Review Board (TARB), PMO and other critical programs
- Participate in TARB meetings.
- Assist senior EAs in taking minutes, distributing scorecards and other administrative duties.
- Contribute to the assessment of project or prospects requests, and review alignment with business values, architecture patterns and with minimum redundancy.
At Finning, we prioritize creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we actively encourage all individuals to express themselves and achieve their full potential. As a company, we continuously strive to enhance our outreach to individuals of all backgrounds and identities. We do not discriminate against applicants based on gender identity, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities. Furthermore, Finning is committed to collaborating with and providing reasonable accommodations /adjustments to individuals with disabilities. If you require an adjustment/accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform your recruiter.